Site / SEO Review please;

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site / SEO Review please;

I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to give my site a quick look over & point out any serious deficiencies, particularly in SEO that there may be.

As you will no doubt be able to tell from the site there has been no "professional" SEO done, I have basically purchased Actinic, got a designer to do the template & done the rest myself - I have no prior experience in this field.

The site was published about 3 weeks ago, but has only gone operational in the last few days (I didn't set my PSP up quickly enough). I have submitted the site to the Google, Yahoo & Bing & have started to created a few links back to it, mainly in directories. I have signed up to Google Analytics & Tools & submitted a sitemap. in Actinic I have tried to go single product per section where suitable & tried to have relevant page titles, meta descriptions & tags.

I have shelled out for some traditional print advertising over the first six months as I realise that the whole Google thing won't happen overnight, but any additional pointers on where the SEO side of thing are bad would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

http://www.air-craft.net
    Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

Hi,

I am in a similar position, new to this and dont know much about web design. But I like the site, it loads quick, is clean and bright. Not too busy - IMO just right.

If I can add a questions to all - do we need to submit a site map with Actinic, I thought the site map was part of the software and Google finds it naturally - or am I wrong?

D

Comment

I like the site but my immediate thought is to put the telephone number in the white space on the header and remove the duplcated information in the upper blue header completely. You can then move the whole page up about an inch.

Comment

Originally posted by The Baby Studio View Post
        Hi,

If I can add a questions to all - do we need to submit a site map with Actinic, I thought the site map was part of the software and Google finds it naturally - or am I wrong?

D
        Possibly it does - after signing up for Google Webmaster Tools & submitting my site to Google, it was looking for an XML sitemap. I created one with the help of www.xml-sitemap.com & FTP'd it to my site & this seemed to satisfy Google.

Comment

I trust you have done your keyword research? If not stop what your doing and get it done. This will be the foundation to all your work, and the key to getting targeted (and cost efficient) traffic to your site.

Here's a few things that jump out in front of me:
          • Sort out the www. and non-www. of your site. Google (and others) will see this as two separate sites, diluting your link juice.
          • You need to change www.air-craft.net to www.air-craft.net/index.html as your homepage. Set up a 301 redirect for this. Once set, be consistent with your linking.
          • Title tags for all your brochure pages need changing to include the keywords you have chosen. This is instead of the 'Brochure, Air Tech Equipment' you currently have.
          • Add key worded content to your homepage. You don't have any at the moment.
          • You have a few pages with copy_of. Change these to keyword rich page names.
          • On your home page you have 2 H1 tags. Remove the second one and change it to H2. Also Make sure you use your top keyword in your H1 tag, and try to add your other keywords to your H2, H3, H4 etc.
          • Ummmm wheres your description meta data on your homepage?

On a side note, don't you want people to buy more than 1 item from you? There's no qty field on the products pages, and can only be changed in the basket. This is not normal behaviour.

Have fun!
          "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

Thanks for that people - looks like I have some work to do!

Comment

Working...
            X