Site Review Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site Review Please

OK - ive finally built up the courage and would welcome your comments on www.sinfulweekend.co.uk
    Please be aware its a retail site for luxury sex toys and so, if you are under 18 or dont approve then please do not visit.
    SEO has not started yet other than identifying the keywords and next step is to use the keywords in the right places.
    Especially keen to hear comments on checkout as I am already noticing quite a few drop-outs on the invoice address page (Checkout Page 1).
    Thanks in advance
    K

Ok, so 45 have viewed the post and plenty have then gone on and viewed the site (Analytics doesnt lie) but so far, no comments. Can i therefore assume its the best site you have ever viewed
    Go on, force yourself. Pleeeeaaaaassssssseeeeee give me some feedback.

Comment

Personally I find the black background with purple/grey/white text very hard on the eyes and I feel I'm straining to read it. I would give it a grey background with some darker text.

Comment

I'm not sure why but the the site doesn't work for me. Maybe it's too cold and clinical whereas I'd expect a sex toys site to be fun and playful. I think you should be selling the fun and sexiness the toys will bring rather than trying to sell them as desirable items in themselves. If you can't get your customers excited about sex toys what hope is there for the rest of us?

The checkout looks OK but I do find the grey text on black background a bit boring.

The only thing that makes me wonder why you have a large dropout at checkout (and there's always a drop out at checkout so what you're seeing might be normal) is this delivery text with the products "Free Shipping to the UK" which says to me that you're an overseas retailer. "Free UK Delivery" would be much better.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I quite like the colour scheme, to me it is the classic sex/lingerie store colours. However i dont think the grey text used for the left hand nav works- very poor contrast. (hover and visted are white, links are grey - they should be reserved for readability)

the site is clean and crisp, and seems to be targeting the erotic/sensual rather than the fun.

i always wonder why people build sites and then look at seo at a later stage, it should be an integral part of the build.

View basket is very well hidden, as it checkout (just about visible top right)

for me there is a time lag after hitting checkout from the basket page, site background goes white, short delay, before checkoutpage - this could be perceived as taking me somewhere else to harvest my money

Also from checkout i See

Please select how you would like your purchase to be shipped to you.
          Class of Service: UK (£14.99)

is it really £14.99 for delivery? there's me gone ...whooosh...

Comment

Thanks for the response so far, all of which I will review and address where necessary. For info, all delivery and shipping is free except for furniture which is where the £14.99 came from Im afraid. Its heavy and big.
            Thanks again.

Comment

Nice site, although I would expect your Butt Plug prices to be a little more competitive.

Comment

Working...
              X