Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SEO by 3rd party - How to sync with client?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SEO by 3rd party - How to sync with client?

Hi

I have enlisted a company to optimise my site and build links etc. However they need to log in to the site and want the FTP details. I guess that is OK??

However it occurs to me that any chages they made would be wiped out when I publish product or price changes to the web.

I guess this must be a common problem, how do I get around it.

I have asked if they work in Actinic, no reply yet. I presume a snapshot would do it, but if they dont have Actinic - what then?

Thanks

Derwent

You either need a company who knows and uses Actinic or a company that will advise you of the required changes required for you to make.

There is no point in giving them FTP access. If they reply and say they don't work with Actinic then rather find another company who does.

Comment

Thanks Duncan, I will see will see what they say when they reply. They seem pretty good it will be a shame if I have to stop them.

Thanks again

Derwent

Comment

Whilst I would always advocate learning SEO so you can mange it yourself - there is loads of info in this forum - it wi just take a while to sift through it, if you do want to go ahead, i'd ask them to send you the changes to make.

again - you then get to learn, esp how to target keywords, and reword product descriptions so you can diy at a later date. The thing with ecomm sites is your products change - thus seo is a weekly task.

Comment

They say they have looked at my site already and the main opitimsation is quite good, they ran some test and said it came out at 75%. During discussion about their services he said they put some code on every page. I guess I might be able to do that in the design view. I have Inserted some scrolling text in the past and managed not to break it

I am kicking myself for not thinking about the diferences between a straight websites and a catalog site. When I looked at the sites they have done they are all static sites. (not add to basket type sites)

I did mention I used Actinic software quite a few times, they didnt say they couldnt work with it, but maybe the have not heard of it and think its just a regular website. Edit : just noticed there is one catalog site in their referece list I guess I will just will have to wait until Monday and see what they say when they reply.

Thanks

Derwent

Comment

They may be referring to Google Analytics - do you already haev a Google Analytics account? I see that your pages do have Google Analytics code on them.

Comment

Yes I have an Google Analytics account.

Traffic has dropped off since I stopped the Adwords, however they didn't bring any orders and only vists in the 40 - 50 range. I ran adwords following advice on here, to just run them on a low click cost, to keep Google looking at the site, rather than to really try to get business directly from them.

D

Comment

I'd contact the acatalog site on their list and ask for feedback

Comment

Working...
                X