Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google Merchant Center: Single item per page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Merchant Center: Single item per page?

when uploading your actinic products to google merchant center are you only allowed one product per page? if so how can you get around this when you have many items per page on your actinic site.

You have to change the structure of your site. Essentially make a section and place just one product in it. It's often referred on these forums as SPP. If you search for SPP in the Google box search above you sjhould find many posts about SPP.

Alternatively you can use extended information pages and have them open in the same outer page rather than pop up. This works too but is not thought to be as effective as SPP by many.

Comment

Single products per section

I have just read some of these posts about creating a single product per section....What would be the best way to go about this considering I have many products in each section.

Is it possible to have duplicate products on your site for example and hide the sections so that these products (single per section) could be accessed from google merchant center for example, but not directly from the website.

As i guess this would look very messy.

Comment

Before doing anything you need to consider your human visitors, will SPP benefit them? why did you choose the multiple products per page route in the first place?

If SPP is to the detriment of your site then dont do it, just concentrate on getting your pages indexed. ie is an entry within google products more valuable to you than MPP?

If you want an answer to whether to use duplicate products/spp/ext info pages - you will get people say all are good and all are bad - its up to you to decide which is best for your site visitors.

i wouldnt advise trying to trick google with ext info pages that are not visible to vistors -you will end up being penalised when your sculdugery is uncovered.

Comment

Working...
        X