Index and ranking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Index and ranking

I have used a section per product to help with google index and ranking, but wondered if i could do more to help promote the site in organic searches.

http://www.quality-appliances.co.uk

Yes.

All your section pages (i.e. the one's that don't have a product on them) link to the next level down with anchor text saying "More Information".

Google use the anchor text (the text of the link) as a guide to what the page is about. So make sure your title text links to the next section and products rather than just the image and 'more information'.

For example, the first product on this page http://www.quality-appliances.co.uk/...ble_Ovens.html (Zanussi ZOD370X built in double oven) doesn't use the text "Zanussi ZOD370X built in double oven" to link to the product which it should do.

Actinic usually does this by default so somehow you broke it.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Ok be gentle with me the learning curve is a steep one.

i have just looked at the product mentioned, and the fields and when clicked on go to the correct page.

Adrian

Comment

It doesn't for me in IE8.

try clicking on the words "Zanussi ZOD370X built in double oven" are you saying that links to anywhere?

Looking at the code it doesn't look there's a link there:

<td valign="top" class="homeBox" width="50%">
        <span id="sectionline_1" seq="1" pname="Zanussi ZOD370X built in double oven" price="42900" >
        <h2>Zanussi ZOD370X built in double oven</h2>
        Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

You don't have a sitemap.xml hosted your site. As your using google webmaster tools you should really be submitting one.

You have both index.html and non index.html. Choose one and 301 redirect the other.

Some pages have 'quality appliances' twice in the title tag. Google may see this as spam

No <h1> tag on your homepage

You have no description meta tag on your pages
          "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

I think Google (and your customers) would like much more description for each product, and (customers at least) MUCH less emphasis on disposal and extended warranty.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Working...
            X