Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V9 Site critique please (be brutally honest!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V9 Site critique please (be brutally honest!!)

Hi folks,

Been tinkering with my new http://www.timebombtshirts.com site and would love some feedback - there's still a few little bits i need to polish up, but i reckon it's getting there.

Have checked it in Firefox & ie and there are a few differences which i can live with eg. search/checkout boxes.

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas/improvements.

Many Thanks

Richie

Buy Banksy Tshirts

I like it

Comment

copyright 2008 needs updating.

Comment

Thanks guys

keep the advice coming - much appreciated

Comment

You may want to check the view cart and links in Firefox/Internet Explorer, in IE8 it was hidden behind the site, in Firefox its stacked and disjointed. The area as a whole doesn't stand out when underneath the busy message and address in the top banner. If your product titles and prices were made a bit bigger I think that would look better too.
          Peblaco

Comment

Originally posted by peblaco View Post
            You may want to check the view cart and links in Firefox/Internet Explorer, in IE8 it was hidden behind the site, in Firefox its stacked and disjointed. The area as a whole doesn't stand out when underneath the busy message and address in the top banner. If your product titles and prices were made a bit bigger I think that would look better too.
            Absolutely!! I've been trying to do this in CSS and no joy Think i've messed up the coding a little so if anyone has the original CSS for reflective (or where i can find the original code), that'd be fab. If anyone has any ideas on how to do this, i'd really appreciate the help. I'm using the reflective theme.
            Product titles and prices - i'll have a play tonight.
            Thanks tons for the feedback

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
              copyright 2008 needs updating.
              copyright done - thanks

Comment

A couple of things.
                You could expand the width of your product pages, they are not using the full width of the page at present.
                The checkout styling doesn't really match your colour scheme. Also consider using buttons right through the checkout and make the forward direction a brighter colour to encourage and make it simpler for shoppers to continue the checkout process.
                As mentioned the top right of the page Search & Cart summary needs some attention and looks out of place.
                You have a brochure page as well the Actinic built in Contact Us page. Consider placing the brochiure page info in the Actinic Contact Us page to keep it all together.
                I didn't see delivery costs mentioned, certainly not prominently.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
                  A couple of things.
                  You could expand the width of your product pages, they are not using the full width of the page at present.
                  The checkout styling doesn't really match your colour scheme. Also consider using buttons right through the checkout and make the forward direction a brighter colour to encourage and make it simpler for shoppers to continue the checkout process.
                  As mentioned the top right of the page Search & Cart summary needs some attention and looks out of place. *edit* Can't manage to do this with my limited knowledge - would love some help if there's anyone kind enough to talk me through it
                  You have a brochure page as well the Actinic built in Contact Us page. Consider placing the brochiure page info in the Actinic Contact Us page to keep it all together.
                  I didn't see delivery costs mentioned, certainly not prominently.
                  Thanks drounding!!
                  I'll keep the page width the same for now, will try and sort the top right search/cart although have been trying all day and need some fresh eyes.
                  Will change the Contact Us page and bin the brochure page... *edit*Done
                  Delivery is OK at the moment - i'm toying with the idea of raising prices and making a feature of FREE DELIVERY! - we'll see...
                  Will look at the colour scheme *edit* Have changed it so all fits in - thanks for all your help!

Comment

Duncan wasn't on about page width, he mentioned product width, you set 3 widths in site options, make sure you have set them all. If for nothing else but to have related products down the right hand side which you should certainly have on the site.

Comment

Duncan wasn't on about page width, he mentioned product width, you set 3 widths in site options, make sure you have set them all. If for nothing else but to have related products down the right hand side which you should certainly have on the site.
                      Thanks Lee, will pop the related items on the site tomorrow cheers!

Comment

Can't manage to sort out the top right search/cart buttons issue in FF and IE with my limited knowledge - would love some help if there's anyone kind enough to talk me through it
                        TIA

Comment

Download the firebug addon for firefox, it's a fantastic tool for 'inspecting' the live css and seeing what is doing what, you can then locate the code in the stylesheet and adjust accordingly. You can also change css on the fly on the live site to see what happens etc.

Comment

Download the firebug addon for firefox, it's a fantastic tool for 'inspecting' the live css and seeing what is doing what, you can then locate the code in the stylesheet and adjust accordingly. You can also change css on the fly on the live site to see what happens etc.
                            Cheers Lee, Had firebug installed and (until now) never got to grips with it, but will work on it tomorrow. Many thanks for all the advice.

Buy Banksy T Shirts

Comment

Working...
                            X