Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please review my site

Hi All,

I would be really grateful if as many of you could review my site, all constructive comments very welcome. Please shoot from the hip, I would rather have a bruised ego than a bad or mistake on my site!!

www.alpinesafety.co.uk

I have also posted a thread with regard to problems with clients dumping out of my checkout in (for no apparent reason) for anyone who may have a solution.

Thanks in advance

Dan

Hi Daniel,

I haven't got time at the moment to review the site, but did notice that on your shipping charges page you list a price for Zone A and Zone B, but the map does not show a zone A or B.
    Darren Guppy
    Golf Tee Warehouse
    Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

There is a Forum "Search Engines and Site Review" dedicated to just what you're asking. You'd be much better re-posting there. As this threads originator, you should delete this thread so you're not double posting.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I have moved this thread to the correct forum.

Comment

Hi Dan,

I've noticed you have a couple of spelling mistakes in the information section on your home page. 'Usefull Links' & 'High Visibility Clothing Expalined'

Comment

OK. First things that come to mind;

1. Overall appearance (first impressions):

Functional rather than attractive and engaging. Looks a bit bland. Too much white space between the three columns when viewed on a largish monitor. On some pages the top logo isn't centred (shipping charges).

The pricing on products is too small and hard to see. At first I thought you'd left them off the page.

2. Proposition (what's in it for me):

Not clear to me why I should be buying from your site. Are you cheap? expensive but good quality? Friendly and family run? have the best range in the UK? Is everything in stock for next-day delivery?

Also the 'Purchase' buttons on the images on the home page are far too early. When someone first arrives at your website they're usually wanting to look around first not immediately buy. It's a bit like you walking into a shop and an assistant corners you and says 'What do you want to buy?'

The same thing goes for the 'Find out more and book' messages. 'Find out more' is all you need to say.

There's no 'About Us' page to let people know who you are.

3. Terms, etc:

Too much inconsistency.

Shipping charges are free over £150 but not in zone B apparently (wherever zone B is).

Three different delivery charges are quoted: £5.95 +VAT, £6.95 + VAT and £8.95 + VAT. Which is correct? (plus two different ones for Royal Mail).

We will credit 100% of the invoice value subject to the goods being returned in a re-saleable condition
            (but it seems this excludes the delivery charges? and oh yes, we want to charge you a 25% restocking fee?) I don't think so.

Overall, I'd say the website is functional but there's still plenty you can do to build on it. Think of it a bit like going on a first date. You want to look your best, set the right mood, spend a little time getting to know each other and exploring areas of common interest. It's only after this that you try and move the relationship along a bit. A good ecommerce website is very similar. It's not just a DIY trade counter where people pick up a bag of nails and take it to the tills.

Mike
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

As Mike says it's very functional, this is fine if your customer is used to buying this type of product but not so good for new customers. For example I looked at waterproof trousers, you sell them in sizes small, medium, large etc, how am I supposed to know what size medium is?

I don't like the name Alpine, Alpine to me is ski wear not safety.

Also it's abit odd to have a picture of a van to denote shipping charges, if you have a van then use the term "delivery"

Comment

Hi

Thanks for that I will get it changed.

Comment

Hi

Just had a look at your site, I think that tells me what I need to achieve. May I ask did you make your shipping matrix yourself or is there an actinic template?

Comment

I agree with all the white space - can I suggest you add a few more boxes as this will also increase your sales chances

Links pages - how about add a screen shot of the website your linking to to make it more enticing
                    Tel: 0845 1080047 - Website: www.ukexhibition.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X