Multiple H1 Tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple H1 Tags

It seems that Actinic creates a H1 Tag for the Section name and another for the Product Short Description. When each product on my site is contained within its own section this means two H1 tags for each product page.

I am concerned that this will have an adverse affect on Google ranking.

The SEO literature does seem to advise against having multiple H1 tags.

Any comments please?
    John Legg
    The Debug Store

sigpic
    http://www.TheDebugStore.com

Product name is not a h1 as standard, so i'd imagine you've changed it at some stage. You're right you should only have one h1, therefore change product name to a <h2>.

Comment

It is the Product Short Description that is being used Lee, not the Product name.

I do not recall making any changes in that area.
      John Legg
      The Debug Store

sigpic

Comment

They're the same thing John, i've never seen an actinic site with product name as h1 ever, got to have been changed imo.

Comment

Fair enough. I will start digging - thanks.
          John Legg
          The Debug Store

sigpic

Comment

Easy way to confirm, open up each product layout in the design library and see what they have, on changed ones, use the compare facility to see what's changed.

Comment

I have to agree with John - Actinic regularly puts multiple H1 tags onto a page.

Even worse if you look at the new Silver theme in V10

The left hand column with Section List and Brochure List in place. Both of the titles for those elements are H1. Then the section name is also an H1 tag.

Previous layouts have Section Name as H1 and some product layouts as H1.
              Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
              SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
              Based in rural Northants

Comment

We're talking about product layouts here, actinic's standard product layout is 'Standard Layout Using CSS', within that standard layout product name (short description) is actually a <h3> as standard.

As that's the standard product on all themes as far as i know, i don't think what you're saying could actually be true.

There may be various places where you can unknowingly use multiple <h1> on a page, headline fragment layout being a prime example, but a section containing a product as standard, will not have both the section name and the product name as a <h1> as standard AFAIK and AFAICS.

Comment

Fair point. I sit corrected.
                  Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
                  SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
                  Based in rural Northants

Comment

Working...
                  X