X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Google help!

Hello,

My first post

I've had my Google AddWords account for a while but I've only just started using addwords- it's going well but I want to use the conversions and funnel tools but I'm a little stuck as to where to put the code.

I just want to monitor how many sales I get and where the traffic comes from, the instruction is:
    "For your changes to take effect, copy and paste the code into the source of the page you would like to track"

I would assume the correct place to do all pages would be found in the 'Library' but this is far as I've got!

Any suggestions welcome- thanks in advance!

P.S
    Any ideas how to turn my HTML sitemap into an XML sitemap so Google Webmaster tools can recognise it?

Thanks!
    Engraved Gifts
    www.engravemeagift.co.uk

Which version of Actinic are you using? Are you are talking about Google Analytics?

If so, in v9 onwards, the code is built in and can be added via the Marketing menu. You just need to enable it and input your site's unique GA code.

The Help files will then teach you the specifics of funnels etc.

-edit-

Also, for Xml sitemaps, there is a free tool at http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

If you are referring to Google Adwords tracking as opposed to Google Analytics then see this thread here: http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=45608

Comment

Hi guccij,

Thanks for your quick reply! The xml link it brilliant, I'll take a propper look at it soon.

I have google analyitics and have used the feature above, I actually need to paste some code into 'the source of the page I would like to track'- i.e. every page of my site.
        I have copied code into every page on my site before, to link an 'addthis button' to each product but I can't seem to find this again!

I'll keep looking!

Thanks again for your response
        Engraved Gifts
        www.engravemeagift.co.uk

Comment

Select your overall layout on the design tab.

Comment

Right- I have more of an idea of what I'm talking about now!

1) I have Actinic Catalogue v9. and need to put my AdWords conversion code into all my pages I want to track, I've tried the design tab (leehack) but I can't find that 'overall layout' in the tab or anywhere in the library.

2) I have an updated version of my sitemap.xml but can't upload it to replace the old one. I can't find the old one either. I've tried the 'Design' Tab and 'Additional files' but it's not done anything.

Thanks for all your help guys
            Engraved Gifts
            www.engravemeagift.co.uk

Comment

Overall layout: on Content Tree, select the Home page (house icon).

On Design Tab, choose Content Page from the dropdown list. Add your code.

Your new xml sitemap must be uploaded using an ftp client. Then you need to tell Google (and other search engines) that it is there. Google Webmaster Tools, Bing etc will tell you how to do this. It won't happen through the Actinic software.

There never was an xml sitemap so that's why you can't find the old one.
              Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Taaa daaarr!

I was clicking on the Design menu button instead of the Design tab- how embarrassing!

Tracking (potential) customers already!

I used my FTP client to delete the old xml page @ engravemeagift.co.uk/sitemap.xml (honest guccij it was there) and replaced it with the new one and reloaded it in Google Wemaster Tools, there's a tick by it but no submitted URL's just yet-assume it's not instant but thanks guys, you've been a big help.
                Engraved Gifts
                www.engravemeagift.co.uk

Comment

Glad you sorted it out. Happy analysing (as Google might say)

Comment

Working...
                  X