Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search engine index question

Hello,

I just wondered if anyone happened to know if search engines index information from places like facebook? I believe google page rank works partly by seeing if your site has been linked by another high ranking site? facebook has a ranking of 10 so if i create a page for my site with an inbound link, could that effect my google rank?

just a thought

cheers

Have a read of this - http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=48941 - posted yesterday, great info.

Comment

Thanks lee, cant watch any of the videos since I dont have speakers at work, will take a look when I get home.

Thanks

Comment

Pagerank isn't such a big factor anymore and even if it was facebooks PR of '10' is on the home page, not on any page you'll be able to create a link on deep down in it's folds.

Having said that, the search engines do recognise the significance of social networking sites so links on facebook pages and other sites are worth doing.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hello Mike, I am mainly googling different ways to optimise my site for search engines as I literally have no idea what Im doing. I was thinking about making a facebook group anyway so that we can give away discount codes as promotion but just thought that a link from facebook might increase the chances of my page being found on a SE.

thanks

Comment

The important thing is that the search engines use links as a way of judging peoples interest in the sites that are being linked to. The more interesting they think the site is, the higher they will position it in the results.

So the best thing to do is think about what people are doing online* and make sure your site is visible in those places. People are spending a lot of time on social networking sites so they are important as part of the mix.

Mike

* Relevant activities only.

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot View Post

So the best thing to do is think about what people are doing online*

* Relevant activities only.
              Haha that made me laugh, we all know what most people are doing on the internet!

Thanks for your advice, Ill keep looking for other ways to improve my SEO

Comment

This may be worth a look.

http://www.seomoz.org/blog/google-bi...-influence-seo

Nigel
                Offering a wide range of shade loving plants suitable for the woodland garden. http://www.plantsforshade.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X