Product rankings in google merchant feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product rankings in google merchant feed

I've noticed that google now allow merchants to include (and they are displaying) product review scores. I've now included the soapbox numbers in my product feed. The name of the review count needs to be changed in the spread sheet and an extra column added to convert the "out of 10" score from soap box to an "out of 5" score so it meet the feed spec but that doesn't take too long. Be nice if it became a standard part of soapbox or whichever other service you're using.

Nice to see some pretty stars next to our products on google.

Because I am a lazy &rse, how did you do this exactly? I don't upload a spreadsheet, just the automatic .txt file generated within Actinic.
    Would love to include our Soapbox coadepath stars!
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

You need to go to the libary and find the sopabox parts and mark the tick boxes to include the 2 soapbox numbers in google feed.
      The text file will open with any spreadsheet program then make the change to column name and create the extra column to halve the score. Save it and upload it.

Comment

I didn't think you could upload your own review scores. I believe Google will find reviews for itself from other sources (such as FeeFo and Trustpilot) and attach these to your listings in Google Shopping.

Cheers

Brian
        UK Work Store

Comment

You can add soapbox product reviews as microdata which can then be collected by seach engines and is displayed below the page listing.

The soapbox layout is now:

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SoapboxIsEmbedded%22%20%2f%3e">
          <br><span class="text_heading_left_column">Customer Reviews for: </span><div class="hreview-aggregate">
          <span class="item">
          <span class="fn"><actinic:variable name="ProductName" /></span>
          </span><br/>
          <span class="rating">
          <span class="average"><actinic:variable name="SoapboxRating" /></span> out of
          <span class="best"> 10</span>
          </span><br/>
          based on
          <span class="votes"><actinic:variable name="SoapboxReviewCount" /></span> ratings. <span class="count"><actinic:variable name="SoapboxReviewCount" /></span> user reviews.
          </div>
          <br><actinic:variable name="SoapboxEmbeddedReviewContent" />
          </actinic:block>

Comment

we do internal reviews of products on our blog which right no aren't connected to a product. We do this because we know that Google Shopping UK is coming and there is little point us spending time implementing this when we wont be submitting anything out of season to pay for the adds.

Once GSUK arrives the whole game changes.

But if we had the man power Im sure we would implement them today anyway just like you. Hope the reviews show up well
            Adventure Centre Ltd - CheapTents.com

Comment

yes, you can't add it to google shopping any more but if you included it as a richsnippet / microdata it appears in the normal natural listings - if you seach for "galvanised chicken feeder" you have our listing with the soapbox star rating below it.

I think that looks much nicer than a listing with no rating but it seems to be very under used.

Comment

Working...
              X