Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to redirect the CGI Contact Page on .htaccess file

Hi,

We have an old contact us page on our website, which ideally we would like to delete completely from the site, as I have created a new contact us page which suits our needs better.

the URL page we wish to get rid of is:

Code:
    http://www.dutchwest.co.uk/cgi-bin/mf000001.pl?ACTION=SHOWFORM
    First off is there a way to actually delete this page completely from Actinic (we use V7), if not the other alternative way I thought would be to redirect that page to the new contact page?

However with it being a CGI url a simple redirect301 will not work?

I have set up to block the above URL on our robots.txt file and requested the page to be deleted through Google Webmaster Tools.

Can someone please help with the best solution for this?

Thanks!

It needs a rewrite to search for the query part of the string then redirect it, try:
    Code:
    RewriteEngine on 
    RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^ACTION=SHOWFORM$
    RewriteRule .? http://www.yourwebsite.co.uk/page.html? [L,R=301]
    Peblaco

Comment

Thanks,

I tried the code you mentioned into my .htaccess file and its still not working.

Comment

Is that all you have in the .htaccess file? It's possible other code is interfering.
        Peblaco

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
          No, my htaccess file has other 301 redirects.
          But just for a test I created a new .htaccess file with just the code you gave me above and tried this out. it still did not work.

Does our server our site is hosted with need to have something specific enabled do you think? Because if its working at your end that is weird.

Comment

Working...
          X