Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adsense bids appear to be high for the value of the products

Hi all,

I am close to completing my site design and now need to consider marketing the site. Can anyone please advise if they are using google adwords and have had some success.

The reason I am asking is because the products that I am selling are relatively low in value but the adsense bids appear to be quite high.

Regards. Nigel.

In a nutshell:

1. Yes, adwords work.
    2. I'd be surprised if there are many people who don't use adwords.
    3. One of the nice things about Adwords is that you can test different ads and keywords quite cheaply to find the ones that work for you.
    4. It's hard to comment on your situation without more specifics but there's lots of advice around on how to get he most out of adwords.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I now use a guy for my adwords who does all my testing and analysis, sure if you have the time look into it yourself and play around. If time is a premium then let someone else do it for you.

The guy who does mine was recommended by Chris @ internet workwear and at a small fee per month i no longer have to worry. I still have full access to my accounts i can control anything i need, ad campaigns for new products and then i let him know and he sorts out my mess.

I get a monthly report on how things are going, plus in depth analysis of market brands e.t.c to see if bidding is worth it.

its not cheap but it gives you exposure just be careful to set a daily limit or you might find a huge bill at the end of the month

Comment

Thank you for the feedback

Thank you both for the reply. I have recently being doing quite a bit of research on the matter but need to make sure that it also really works at the smaller end of the market, like for example, candles, etc.

Regards. Nigel

Comment

Originally posted by NigelRivers View Post
          Thank you both for the reply. I have recently being doing quite a bit of research on the matter but need to make sure that it also really works at the smaller end of the market, like for example, candles, etc.

Regards. Nigel
          These days you can pick when you want ads to show, this is were you can get more return for your investment.

use analytics to see how quickly people buy, is it one day, two e.t.c
          If most people buy within the day and you get 20 clicks on monday and no purchases then maybe this is not the best day to spend you money, if you get 30 clicks on tuesday and 5 buy then this would be a better day to invest some of your hard earned cash.

As i said you need to have time to investigate so you can make informed advertising decisions. As i said i dont have the time these days thats why i contracted it out to someone who knows more than me and has the time to spend looking into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
            These days you can pick when you want ads to show, this is were you can get more return for your investment.

use analytics to see how quickly people buy, is it one day, two e.t.c
            If most people buy within the day and you get 20 clicks on monday and no purchases then maybe this is not the best day to spend you money, if you get 30 clicks on tuesday and 5 buy then this would be a better day to invest some of your hard earned cash.

As i said you need to have time to investigate so you can make informed advertising decisions. As i said i dont have the time these days thats why i contracted it out to someone who knows more than me and has the time to spend looking into it.
            Hi Darren, would you mind letting me know who does your adwords. I have sent you an email.
            Kind Regards
            Wesley
            Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Working...
            X