Page relevance and page quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page relevance and page quality

For some reason, there are some search terms that I have been unable to get onto Google's organic side.
    I have compared to the competition, and the meta info is similar, relevance seems to be similar.
    Don't get it.

example: search term "corner rounding"
    On my site:
    http://www.baypressservices.com/acat..._Rounders.html

Google only displays the PPC. nothing in organic.

On other search terms, we show up sometimes first and second on organic.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Dave
    www.baypressservices.com

From just a quick glance I see no body text containing that phrase on the page (you seem to have joined the words up?) and your page name and page title are not containing your keyword phrase, these are basics to put in place.

'Corner rounders on sale' as a page title when targeting 'corner rounding' is poor, you have 2 words that are useless (on sale) and the two left are not the phrase.

If getting to the top of the rankings was a simple as creating a page with a name something close to what you are targeting, having text on page which is words close to what you are targeting and only having that specific phrase on page just once in a title, then you'd have 50 sites in every industry all at equal first place.

Comment

As Lee says, there's pretty much no reason why that page should be ranking for 'corner rounding'. That phrase doesn't appear anywhere on the page, title, pagename or links in.

You do have the phrase 'round cornering' a couple of times on the page but that's not really the same. Also keyword tags don't count for much these days (and I always thought they were supposed to be separted by commas anyway).

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Got it.
        I see the error of my ways.
        Thank you both.
        Dave
        www.baypressservices.com

Comment

Working...