mobile optimisation for actinic sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seb View Post
    Growth figures are almost as meaningless as the number of smart phones.

i dont follow your argument here, this is actual growth so how is it meaningless?
    If the revenue from Mobile sales was just £0.01 per year, it would take growth of 82% every year for the next ten years (very unlikely) for sales to reach £4.00.

I have used unrealistic numbers in my example but demonstrates that the growth figures are meaningless on their own without an figures to gauge the starting position for any growth.
    Darren Guppy
    Golf Tee Warehouse
    Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

well i guess my starting point for my growth would be the 1676 visitors to my site with a mobile device last month, 8.12% of the total......

Comment

These guys caught my eye when I was last at a show - http://www.cart2mobile.com/

They might be able to help, but as Actinic is a desktop platform it may not be possible.
        "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

Originally posted by seb View Post
          well i guess my starting point for my growth would be the 1676 visitors to my site with a mobile device last month, 8.12% of the total......
          Do you know how many of them purchased, using the mobile?
          Kind Regards
          Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

I guess if your customers are using the technology, you're selling the kind of thing that works with mobile and you have the desire to put some effort in then you should absolutely go for it.

Even if there's only 4% of sales on mobile eccomerce in a segment, if you're the only one who does it right then that should be your 4% and a 4% market share is nothing to turn your nose up at.

You're going to have to find another way of doing it though. You won't find Actinic leading on bleeding edge developments, they tend to focus on the mainstream requirements.

Mike
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
            X