Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please review EcoMoneySaving.com

http://www.EcoMoneySaving.com

There are some products that need their first images but what else have I missed?

All feedback gratefully received
    Money Saving Eco Friendly Products | UK Dating | Love Horse Dating

Looks good. I see Teclan did the design so I wouldn't expect anything else.

If it was me I wouldn't have the product pages as pop-ups the way you do. These are never going to do well in the search engines because the text that links to them is just 'more info' and the page names are all something like 'info_54.html'. At the very least, link the product name to the pop-up page so the search engines have some relevant anchor text for reference.

Also all your pop-up pages are orphan pages with no links back to the main site. So even if a search engine did send a visitor there, there's no way for them to do anything other than click the 'add to cart' button and that's very unlikely based on just one product page.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks olderscot. That's good advice. Points noted.

Comment

I have taken your advice and changed the page containing all the eco radios into one flat file with no pop up pages for each product.

However, this page containing the solar panel kits can remain as it is since each of the extended info page are uniquely named with relevant keywords and not just the info_xxx.html names.

How do I add a button or text in the pop up window that says 'close window'?

Comment

From an SEO point of view,

Sort out the canonical issues you have with your site. At the moment you have 4 different versions which will dilute your relevancy
          www. vs non www. plus the index.html vs non index.html

Link building is ok, but not perfect – Just remember don’t waste links with the same anchor text and page destinations across the same page.

Change to a single product layout instead of using the extended info pages. It’s going to be harder to gain relevance and popularity for a particular product phrase, thus wasting money trying to rank for longtail terms. (You will see a huge difference if you did this).

Be careful with duplicate copy. Using manufactures descriptions will make your site harder to rank and will increase your spend to compensate.

Don’t go crazy with the reciprocal linking – ref: your links page

Hope that helps.
          "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

Hello Chukford,

Yes, that does help, thanks.

I don't understand the first paragraph though.

Sort out the canonical issues you have with your site. At the moment you have 4 different versions which will dilute your relevancy
            www. vs non www. plus the index.html vs non index.html

Would you mind elaborating please?

Comment

http://www.ecomoneysaving.com/
              http://www.ecomoneysaving.com/index.html
              http://ecomoneysaving.com/
              http://ecomoneysaving.com/index.html

These are all seen as different pages by Google and they will separate 'link juice' flowing to them. If you set up a .htaccess file to 301 redirect to your chosen page, then all the 'juice' will be focus on one page increasing it's relevance and popularity.

Comment

I've added the rewrite rules to the .htaccess file.

It's done the trick for the www versus no-www, but do I need to do anything else for the index.html pair?

Comment

I normally do it.
                  It just makes your homepage (which is normally the most linked to) a unified page that will filter the juice down through your site.

Comment

Hi Redspan, I like your product range, particularly this!

I definitely agree with Chunkford on making use of a single product layout rather than the extended info pages, feels a bit strange having a pop up these days - what with the availability of lightboxes and other equally suave ways of presenting information.

Nothing particularly stands out on the pages though, you want to guide your visitors more around the page, at the mo it all kinda blends in. I'd work on differentiating the primary horizontal navigation from disappearing into the rest of your pages, styling them like your vertical navigation on hover for example. I'd beef up those add to cart buttons too, call to action's are key!
                    Here's a pretty good post on the importance of call to action buttons.

Rob
                    Golf Grips Direct
                    Hobby Tools

Comment

Thanks Rob. I'm gradually removing the popups and adding images with a lightbox, but it's slow work. Likewise unique content.

Thanks for the tips. Will check out that link. Yes, the add to car buttons are a bit weak.

Comment

This page is complete - Solar Powered Toys - How does it look?

Comment

Better, but the ultimate is to have each product on a page of its own. This will make for better seo and for other avenues such as google base.
                          If it helps I think codepath or mole end have a little program that will do this for you for a fee.

Comment

Agree with Paul, you've created a structure that's around 5 years out of date (will fall foul of Googlebase rules too if you wish to use it? if not why not?). SPP is the way forward (tutorial on my site) even more so with the amount of information you have. I'd look to get all images the same size, looks more professional and gives a uniform look to the site on all pages. I'd consider a 'tabber' for the product descriptions and i'd be making plans to have videos of each product and possibly a PDF document on each also available for download.

Comment

Thanks for the SPP tip, I'll read your tutorials.

Have started making all the images the same width, but a way to go yet. I did start adding some videos but there aren't that many available and all the code disappeared when I was changing the add to cart button so now I have to reinstate them.

It's codepath that do the single product page plugin, but will be contacting Mole End too about one of theirs.

What's a 'tabber'?

Comment

Working...
                              X