Validation errors rom seo powersuite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Validation errors rom seo powersuite

I have just ran seo powersuites website auditor on my website, it has brought back 1000's of errors and warnings for the code of my site. Here is an example of one error -
    Line 1, Column 207: NET-enabling start-tag requires SHORTTAG YES

…bOUcSp-9rJitwRy1YNcP-n2YDkDQJYEXogIk" /><title>0019 Body - Underwear - Sexy Sl…✉

The sequence <FOO /> can be interpreted in at least two different ways, depending on the DOCTYPE of the document. For HTML 4.01 Strict, the '/' terminates the tag <FOO (with an implied '>'). However, since many browsers don't interpret it this way, even in the presence of an HTML 4.01 Strict DOCTYPE, it is best to avoid it completely in pure HTML documents and reserve its use solely for those written in XHTML.

Anyone got any ideas on the seriousness of this, regarding optimisation, what effect will these errors have,

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Michelle

Anyone got any ideas on the seriousness of this, regarding optimisation, what effect will these errors have,
    Absolutely none. Google doesn't care whether you have '/'s or not.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

It's worth looking at the following Knowledge Base (KB) article.

Unfortunately it's quite common to say that full validation is important to Search Engines. Common, lazy and wrong. Another urban myth I'm afraid.

Chris

Comment

Working...
      X