Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link building

Hi
    Im not sure if this is the right place to put this so im sorry if it shouldnt be.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a company or software that can build relevant high quality links that works. I have submitted my site to loads of directories, exchanged loads of links and i have paid for some to. I have been looking for something or someone to create links for me, but i want them to be relevant high quality. Iv have tried a few things but for one reason or another nothing works. I really do feel stuck, i have read so many peoples opinions on which links are best, one way, reciprical, 3 way, paid for, forums, blogs etc that my head spins just thinking about it.

I could really do with some help and advice.

I look forward to your replies,
    Kind wishes from Michelle

With no understanding of how good your site is, I would suggest that any site owners first priority is to make the site buyable so that potential customers to the site can get all the information they want, see the deatils and buy without hinderance

Once you have a site that is nice for your customers to buy, then its important to get them in with good keyword in the site especially the two or three word strings, google cannot find you without keywords

After that build up the links, but as many say a few good links that are related to your site are worth thousands of non related ones

Sorry it does not answer your question but really we need more information and maybe the web address to understand further

DMOZ seems to be a good site to get a mention on but takes a few months normally
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

I echo everything Chris says except for DMOZ.

DMOZ for all intents and purposes is dead. TBH most directories provide very little value for link building.

I would get a few outgoing links to quality sites, as you can benefit from showing G etc that you value the info on the page you are linking too.

Other than that have you considered a press release with back links to you, or a few blogs linking back to you. Its all about quality nowadays not quantity.

Comment

Thankyou for your replies, sorry i was abit vague, My website has been online since november 2010. I have been steadily increasing the amount of sales i get, so i think the site is quite user friendly. The address is http://www.lingerieofdesire.co.uk
        I read about blog commenting and started doing this, mostly on blogs with related content, but soon after starting i became aware that most blogs are no follow. I did submit my site to DMOZ but i havent been listed as of yet.

Thanks again,

Comment

Originally posted by Lingerie33 View Post
          one way, reciprical, 3 way, paid for, forums, blogs etc
          Yes, yes and yes! And yes to other points already raised.

Quality content engenders quality links.

The only way to build quality inbound links is through intelligent, persistent hard work. Either yourself or paying a company who can do it for you. There is no easy way I'm afraid!
          Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
          Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
          SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Sort out your canonicalization issues - e.g. http://www.seobook.com/archives/001714.shtml
            Looking at the pages indexed and the pages on your site suggests you may have duplicate content.
            Product descriptions are from the manufacture. Rewrite them so they are your own
            Need more content for your section pages
            Create a blog to help with the long tail
            I would reconsider having your links pages.

They're just a few that I can see straight away.

With regards to 'link building', you're in a very competitive market and needs special focus to what keywords you want to rank for. Start with the longer terms, and build them deep into your site, with some generic terms pointing to your homepage so the effect trickles down through your site.
            Where to get them means a lot of searching around, but guess blogging is always a good one - have a look here http://myblogguest.com/
            Of course most of this is against Google's TOS, and they only want merit based links. But this is the real world we live in and not everyone has the money to invest in that type of activity.

Now i need to close your site down before the misses wonders what I'm doing
            "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

Originally posted by Chunkford View Post
              Now i need to close your site down before the misses wonders what I'm doing
              Surely the simple answer is "gift shopping" ?!

Good answers from all here for you.

One additional, free link you could get is adding a key term rich link to your forum signature here.
              Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
              Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
              SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Originally posted by fergusw View Post
                LOL, who for? considering xmas is ages away and her birthday was last month.
                Trust me, it's better not to even attempt to cross that road
                "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

Originally posted by Chunkford View Post
                  LOL, who for? considering xmas is ages away and her birthday was last month.
                  Trust me, it's better not to even attempt to cross that road
                  LOL, Lingerie is considered a romantic gift at any time of the year, not just occasions.

Comment

Wow, ok, so regarding the canoncalization how do i fix it, i had a look at the link and im not very good with code. Can you help me?
                    Thanks for everyones suggestions, i really appreciate them all, just trying to process everything..
                    Also is having link pages a bad thing? I had them because i started exchanging links but then i read that google dont count reciprical links (not sure if thats right) also i would be worried that removing them would result in me loosing the reciprical links i have and loosing the page positions i do have.

Thanks
                    Michelle

Comment

Originally posted by fergusw View Post

Good answers from all here for you.

One additional, free link you could get is adding a key term rich link to your forum signature here.
                      how do i add a signature, i had a look at my account page, but it doesnt mentions a signature, could you help me please?

Comment

You have bigger problems than just links. Your web pages are too large and your web server is extremely slow. Google won't rank web pages that are too slow to load. Sign up for google webmaster tools (if they're still called that and look at what Google thinks of your website).

Go to this site http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/ , enter your home page and look at the results.

Many of your images can be compressed more, some would be better off as GIFs rather than jpegs. (Your two 'free stocking' images are prime examples).

The web pags seem extremely slow to load. They're taking ages for me (over 30 seconds) and that's on a 13 Mbps connection. Are you using a decent web host or someone cheap?

My suggestion would be to fix the basics and come back and ask for a SEO review. There are plenty of people here who will give you lots of good advice.

Mike
                        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                        X