Articles for SEO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Articles for SEO

If for instance you make a new site and fill it with decent info regarding products you sell (imagine you sell boiled sweets, then the info could be the history of boiled sweets) And then hotlinked to your actinic site,

This would enable me to have say a small wikipedia type site on related workwear history and uses

Presumably your new site XXXX.com would soon get a sensible rating by google for information on the site

The question would this be better for SEO in the long term under your control rather than blogging or putting onto other people site / directories / whatever

Would the same IP address as your site also badley effect it

Are blogs held in higher esteem than technical papers on a site, to me Blogs always just seem gimmicky

Thanks
    Chris Ashdown

This was a tactic used a number of years ago and still is by some sites. If a relationship can be proved, i think it's fair to say an attempt to skew search results has also happened, for which you can pay a penalty.

If you are going to do it, make sure you can't be caught, but i'd say your time would be better spent trying to get wikipedia link to your main site for this info and i'd also like to start with your existing site as a base point, not a brand new unknown site which will suffer its own recognition woes in the early days.

Remember that Google ultimately want 10 different results from 10 different companies/websites to give a good cross section of results, they don't want 3 results each from 3 companies plus another, that's only technically 4 results. Every time they improve their algo, they move closer to the perfect results, what you suggest is not a perfect result, so has a certain shelf life if indeed any in this day and age.

Like most things, blogs, directories etc have all been abused and i think onsite data is and will be the way forward.

Comment

Thanks Lee
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hi Chris,

I have just seen your post and have to slightly disagree with Lee.

Creating a brand new independent site/blog will take some time to get any authority or ranking. However, creating relevant content on a Web2.0 property or a Wordpress/Blogger hosted blog is a different matter.

Lesley Rhode, who is one of the godfathers of SEO, has long advocated off site blogs as a means to create authority which can then be directed towards e-commerce sites. And using platforms like Wordpress, Blogger, Tumblr or even Squidoo makes it so much easier to get your content indexed and ranked, especially when you throw some links like social bookmarks at the pages.

Wait for a few weeks before adding links back to your main site, particularly for Wordpress and Blogger, but do add the odd link out to relevant wikipedia or similar pages.

Give it a try - workwear.wordpress.com already exists but you could have workwearguide or workwearinfo. You definitely wont get penalized doing it.
        Alan Johnson

Quality Parrot Cages & Accessories by Parrotize UK
        Pet Accessories by Animal Instinct

Comment

Originally posted by animal dreams View Post
          Wait for a few weeks before adding links back to your main site, particularly for Wordpress and Blogger, but do add the odd link out to relevant wikipedia or similar pages.
          What is hard for me to understand is why .wordpress.com or .blogger.com or .tumblr.com is still seen to hold true seo value for some people. They rarely rank well with those domains... (hence the premium options of using your own domain on wordpress, and for free in the other cases) ... even with that they can be fairly hard to rank well unless you are specifically going down to be targeting one or two keywords ... and this has little to no longevity ... its a quick hit and so waiting a few weeks would be worthless. You can post links to your site if they are relevant and authoritative, just as you can wiki and other blogs (for seo seomoz is a good option etc)

Also i highly recommend seomoz.org if you want seotips ... also seoandy.com
          Adventure Centre Ltd - CheapTents.com

Comment

Working...
          X