Review our Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Review our Website

I have been recently been employed as a web designer with this company to assist with developing the eCommerce sites.

I'm currently looking for an outsiders perspective on one site in particular.

http://www.bathroomexpress.co.uk

Its a large site with a huge amount of products that in my opinion needs some work.

If anyone has a bit of time to spare I would love some comments, ideas, constructive criticism, flaws etc.

Thanks guys,

Grant

MOD: moved to correct forum (thanks )

OK. some comments. In no particular order:

1. Seems slow to load.
    2. Some page sizes too large. Had a 441KB image on the front page at one point.
    3. catalog pages have blue text on blue background at top. Will look spammy to Google.
    4. What has a Pegasus image to do with 'Bathroom Express'? the branding looks odd to me.
    5. Big Lock sign. 100 Secure. Why? What makes the site secure. you can't just shout this without backing it up.
    6. Mini icons with no hover text to explain what they are.
    7. Many pages with odd filenames: 06.html = Aromatherapy Oils? 15.html = Heated Towel rails
    8. Uninteresting page descriptions."<meta name="description" content="Pegasus OV Series Bathroom Taps" />". This is what Google will show in the serps and should be trying to attract visitors.
    9. Titles wording in the wrong order. Should have the main keywords first.
    10. 'Show Trolley', 'send email' buttons look old fashioned. Also oddly named.
    11. I'm not sure I like to see text and links above the header image. Surely good design would have important content further down on the page where people are looking?
    12. Not enough description on the products. An image and a name isn't enough.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks Mike, That's exactly the sort of feedback I'm after! The more people that look and comment at this the more user friendly I can make the experience.

Comment

Slightly puzzled, why are your bathroom tv's advertised at £599 on the front page but the cheapest on the drop down menu is £625.03 ?
        Scottish Gifts 4U - quality gifts from Scotland

Comment

A fair point, noted to be amended. Thanks for that.

Comment

I used to work for Paramount Bathrooms. Who are now page 1 for many terms;

Bathroom furniture, Mira Showers, etc

If you want some advice send me an email. Im happy to help.

Comment

Working...
            X