• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site Review and feed back please www.gparts.co.uk

Hi People

I need some feedback on our website!

www.gparts.co.uk

When we do get customers we are able to offer a 5 star service.
    https://www.trustedshops.com/buyerra...4534666C2.html

But for some reason we are getting a lot of people adding parts to their cart but not placing an order!?

Could you girls and guys out there share some of your wisdom as to where we could be going wrong?

Cheers

Neil

Hi Neil,

A link makes it easier for people to visit your site: www.gparts.co.uk

Here are my thoughts:

1. Almost all the links on your home page to the product pages are going via the cgi-bin. I'd change this to direct links for SEO reasons. I'd probably also change the anchor text from "Click here <BR> for <br> Fiat Parts" to just "Fiat Parts".

2. I find the 'Questions' and 'Enquiry Form' bits get in the way rather than help. This might be because I'm not a real customer. Do many customers use this?

3. You must have the largest 'Add to Cart' I've seen. I know it should be obvious but I think you've probably gone over the top here.

4. Your Delivery Price List info could be clearer. You only have one price for each weight level, so you should be able to display that very clearly with just 6 lines of text:

UK Mainland:

- Up to 1 Kg : £7.17 (Next day delivery)
    - Up to 20 Kg: £10.20 (Next day delivery)

Rest of UK:

- Up to 10 Kg: £27.97 (2-3 day service)
    - Up to 20 Kg: £41.98 (2-3 day service)

Do these prices include VAT?

5. You're making people (and the search engines) go through too many levels to get to products. For example: Gparts > Fiat > 500 > 500c > Body Related > Door Mirror > Door Mirror Glass > Right Hand. I think the last 3-4 pages only had the one option on them.

The advice used to be 3 clicks at most to find something. With a fast site 3-5 should be OK. 7 is just causing people to give up and go elsewhere.

6. You could do with more text on your section and product pages or the search engines will ignore them as being of no particular value. Also how is the customer going to know if it's the product they want? For example in the door mirror glass. Is it flat, curved or convex? Clear or smoke tinted? Does it have the fixing mount on the back or is it self adhesive to stick to what's already there?

7. Your keywords should be trimmed to relevant keywords. Here's what you have for the Fiat 500c RH Mirror glass:

<meta name="keywords" content="4x4,air filter,Alto,Brake Cleaner,Brake Disc,Brake Discs,Brake Pads,Brake Shoes,brakes,Carens,Cee'd,Ceed,Cerato,Clarus,Cleaning Fluids,Cube,D22,D40,Engine,Exhaust,Fiat,Front Brakes,Fuel Filter,Gaskets,Genuine Car Parts at Low Prices,Genuine Fiat Parts,Genuine Isuzu Parts,Genuine Kia Parts,Genuine Nissan Parts,Genuine Subaru Parts,Genuine Suzuki Parts,Gloves,Glues,GParts - Fiat - 500,GParts Fiat 500c,GParts Fiat 500c Body Related,GParts Fiat 500c Door Mirror,GParts Fiat 500c Door Mirror Glass,GParts Fiat 500c Door Mirror Glass Right Hand,Grand Vitara,Grande Punto,Grease,ICE,Ignis,Impreza,Isuzu,Juke,Justy,Kia,Legacy,Liana,Low Cost,Lube,Magentis,Mentor,Merchandise,Micra,Multipla,Navara,next day delivery,Nissan,Note,NP300,NV200,off road,oil filter,Outback,Panda,Panda 4x4,Paper Rolls,Picanto,Pollen Filter,Pride,Primera,Punto,Qashqai,Radio's,Rear Brakes,Rio,Rodeo,Sat-Nav,Sealants,Sedona,Service Items,Shuma,spark plugs,Specials Price,Sportage,Sprays,Steering,Stilo,Subaru,Swift,SX4,Trooper,van,Venga,Vitara,Wiper Blades,Workshop Consumables,X-Trail,XTrail,Xtrail" />
    8. I don't know what the 'Trusted Shops Guarantee' logo is about. If you're going to put that up you need to have some way for people who care to find out what it's about.

9. Your shipping drop down on checkout has too many options.

- I'd merge the 10Kg and 20Kg options as they're the same
    - The 75Kg option (not mentioned on your delivery prices) is only 21p more (I think). Why not keep that the same?
    - There are two Free of charge options. Can I just select one of those if I want to?

You should definitely investigate at what stage people are dropping out of your checkout process. Analytics should be able to tell you that.

The key thing is that any time you make the customer stop and think there's a chance they'll just give up. You need to make the whole discovery, purchase and checkout processes flow nice and easily.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Great review Mike, nice one.

Comment

Big thanks Mike

Just the sort of feedback I needed.

Where did you find the prices missing the "inc vat" text as I cannot find it.

I will more than likely ask more questions later, when I get less busy on the phone.

Cheers again.

Neil

Comment

Hi Neil,

Where did you find the prices missing the "inc vat" text as I cannot find it.
          This refers to the delivery prices under 'Delivery Info'. I'm pretty sure it doesn't say inc VAT.

I did at one point think your products didn't have it either, but that was for a printed manual which I guess must be VAT free.

Mike

PS. Re your main links. As whole area, not just the text is clickable, you can keep the text the same and just change the bit that is actual anchor text to have the main keywords (i.e. the text within the <a href> </a> bits.)

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Ths shipping options seem confusing to a buyer.
            If you are using ship by weight only the relevant option for the weight band should display but yours relies on the customer selecting which weight band and how do they know what the weight is.

I also agree with Mike that the difference between 1-10kg, 10-20kg and 20-75kg are all virtually the same (21p difference) why bother.

Also at the bottom of the list after offering collect from store (3 store options) there are also 2 free of charge options listed:
            FOC Shipping Offer (£0.00) and FOC Shipping (£0.00)

The prices also didn't match whith that shown on your 'Delivery Information' page.

I also feel the add to car button is a little large and I would change it to an easy to see red rather than grey which is easily overlooked despite it's size.
            Darren Guppy
            Golf Tee Warehouse
            Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

I think the customer reviews are a bit confusing. Because you have it in all the product layouts it looks like it is for a review of the product rather than the store itself.

Comment

Once again cheers for the feedback.

I hear where your coming from ref postage options. How do you guys have you postage options set up as that is where I am unsure what to change in Actinic.

yours
                Neil

Comment

I have made some visual change due to your feedback!

Up loading now. Changes should be live in the next hour or so depending how quick the site uploads!!

Neil

Comment

To get to Kia rear brake disc I had to go through 10 clicks (i nearly lost count), surely there is a neater way to do it than that?

Another thing I found a bit odd, with a site advertising genuine car parts I would be a bit puzzled to find the best sellers consisting of mainly T-shirts.

I think i'd get a few car parts up there.
                    Scottish Gifts 4U - quality gifts from Scotland

Comment

I'm certainly no expert, but;

Having the shipping options for the upper weight bands displayed where they aren't required is confusing.

You could do with getting some relevant parts images (filtration, ignition, friction.......) somewhere visible toward the top of your page.

Quite a few parts are very deep in subsections when they don't have to be;
                      Subaru, Impreza, 02>05, cooling, bottom hose, product. For this particular part the bottom hose page could have been skipped altogether, some products are buried even deeper than that, with three sub-sections all leading to a single product.

The contact page assumes that every enquiry will immediately be about a specific part & leaves no room for a general enquiry like "can you get tires". I would also say that forcing a VIN here doesn't help & imagine that some customers may be reluctant to give their reg details to a contact form. - Just noticed that it's the same for the offline, online chat.

The company logo on the left of the header looks very grainy / low res on IE

Oh, the parts factoring game - how I miss it
                      Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

Comment

Working...
                      X