Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EAN numbers what else

Hi,
    Righto I have just learnt I need to include EAN numbers on my products and where to put them, this all looks a big task so I would like to put everything in at the same time, so I am going to put in EAN + Brand, what else needs to go in, these are mattresses.
    Cheers Steve

Hi Steve,

I would try to include as many as possible, MPN, Brand EAN, Barcode etc, just look at the information on your stock and include it in a variable, if the idea is for the shopping feeds, the more info you provide it helps with your position in the shopping results, big job but worth it.
    Many Thanks
    Lee
    www.mdnsupplies.co.uk
    www.hookandloopfasteners.co.uk

Comment

Do Product Type too IMO.

Comment

Thanks for the replies
        Is the EAN not the Barcode and when you say "product type" do you mean "mattress" or specific model name?

Comment

It's specific, look on Google for the various options, helps where to place the products so people can find them easier.

Comment

There are a range of conditions depending on the region you are selling to and the type of product you sell.
            See: http://www.google.com/support/mercha...wer=1344057#GB
            Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
            Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
            SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

So
              it`s Mattress made by Relaxsan the model is Orthosoft size single can all the underlined be variables also if I look at another persons listing in google can I get the EAN from there some how?

Comment

Product Type is one complete string, showing the Google department that this product would most likely sit in. If most of your products sit in one it's a 2 minute job as you can use the 'use parent' facility to cascade the variable contents down to most if not all.

Comment

Originally posted by Bedspring View Post
                  So
                  it`s Mattress made by Relaxsan the model is Orthosoft size single can all the underlined be variables also if I look at another persons listing in google can I get the EAN from there some how?
                  Amazon usually lists the EAN for products, in the details section at the bottom of the listings.

Regards,
                  Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                  Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                  A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                  Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                  Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                  Multichannel order processing
                  Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

EAN and UPC numbers.

Just a quick point, not all products will have an EAN, as the product has to be registered on a database, and the cost probably puts some small manufacturers off.
                    If the manufacturer has a product code this can be used as an MPN (Manufacturer's Part Number) as this is also part of Google feed. They recommend that if you don't know the EAN/UPC to use the MPN. We have been doing it for a while and it seems to be accepted OK.
                    Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
                    www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                      Product Type is one complete string, showing the Google department that this product would most likely sit in. If most of your products sit in one it's a 2 minute job as you can use the 'use parent' facility to cascade the variable contents down to most if not all.

Sorry what do you mean by complete string

Comment

One field containing everything, not multiple fields eg:

Books > WWW > Google > Google Feed

Comment

Have a look at the following link as it details out pretty well what google needs.

http://www.google.com/support/mercha...swer=188494#GB

With regards to EAN/Barcodes, have a word with your suppliers, as they should be able to provide you with a list in CSV format. Like Steve Griggs said, not all brands have EAN codes but at least the list they give you will have manufacturers own product-codes. Map these Product-codes (MPN) and/or Barcode(EAN) codes with your own product codes & load it into Actinic via Hierarchical import.

I deal in shoes which is very similar to your products. i.e. Each product is a combination of style/colour/size. In my case, Fitflop's product code of 165-001-050 refers to Superblizz Fur Boots (165) in Black (001) in UK size 5 (050). Size 6 in maple will be 165-179-060 as 179 is the code for the colour Maple & 060 is UK Size 6. In all cases, the EAN/barcode will be different. Thus, I map my own product reference of FF-165001-050 to fitflop's MPN 165-001-050 & EAN 883945178788.

Hope that helps.
                          Nilesh

Comment

Working...
                          X