Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adwords Free Consultation ? Has anyone tried this ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adwords Free Consultation ? Has anyone tried this ?

Had someone contact me from Google.

They seemed legit.

Offered me a free consultation on my Adwords account.

Wondered if anyone has had this done and if yes, was there any benefit ?

Hi,

I run a number of adwords campaigns and they (G) are always trying to give a consultation.

You have to remember that these people work for G and they are there to make G more money.

So ask yourself who will benefit the most out of this.

BTW I always turn them down.
    Regards,

Keith

Central Heating Supplies | Life Insurance Quotes | Be Modern Orlando Electric Fires | Grant Boilers | Honeywell Heating Controls | Worcester Bosch Oil Boilers | Oil Boilers

Comment

Originally posted by Runner View Post
      Hi,

I run a number of adwords campaigns and they (G) are always trying to give a consultation.

You have to remember that these people work for G and they are there to make G more money.

So ask yourself who will benefit the most out of this.

BTW I always turn them down.
      I know what you are saying.

Had hoped that maybe they just wanted to look after there customer.

Anyone else had any experience ?

Comment

Are you absolutely sure they are from Google? I would ask for their business detail, phone number etc etc to be absolutely sure.

There are lots of sham outfits out there cold calling saying they can get you to number 1 etc - just make sure this isn't one of those calls under another guise.

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook View Post
          Are you absolutely sure they are from Google? I would ask for their business detail, phone number etc etc to be absolutely sure.

There are lots of sham outfits out there cold calling saying they can get you to number 1 etc - just make sure this isn't one of those calls under another guise.
          Yeah, pretty sure

I asked if it was a scam and they said that they just wanted to help existing customers.

Also said that they wouldnt ask for any account details or passwords as she had all my data in front of her

Does sound fishy .. who knows ??

Comment

They have had a run on this over the last few months. They even put up a message into my adwords account about it.
            Regards,

Keith

Central Heating Supplies | Life Insurance Quotes | Be Modern Orlando Electric Fires | Grant Boilers | Honeywell Heating Controls | Worcester Bosch Oil Boilers | Oil Boilers

Comment

definately genuine

Im going to let her do a consultation call and will report back how i get on

Cheers

Comment

I look forward to seeing the results.
                Regards,

Keith

Comment

They are legit, but my experience with them was a little frustrating. The initial call was fine, but at the end of it they offered a free proposal. I thought it would be an actual proposal so I said yes, but they just set up an inactive display and mobile campaign in my account. Neither were appropriate for our organisation or related to what I had briefed them on. I was busy at the time so I left the campaigns paused to revisit it when I had more time to think about it. They proceeded to email and call me continually (every day for weeks). I replied clearly and politely a number of times, but it just got to the point where I ignored their calls, so they started calling my colleagues and even requested my personal mobile number on my day off.

Good luck with it - let us know how you go!

Comment

Working...
                  X