Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adwords Analytics keyword not set

Hi,

I am not seeing cetain data in Google Analytics for my Adwords campaigns.

1. I have linked the two accounts.
    2. I have set auto-tagging on in the adwords campaign.
    3. I am seeing cost data in the Adwords reports in Analytics, ie total value of sales.
    4. All campaign, adgroup and keyword data is showing as (not set).
    5. If I look at some content reports in Analytics I see pageviews for url's on pages with ads running that have the appended string ?gclid=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

E.g www.mysite.com/productpage.html?gclid=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx where xxxxxx etc is a string of characters.

Does anyone know if Actinic passes the appened data correctly. I have read somewhere on one of Adwords forums that some sites do not support auto tagging.
    Regards,

Keith

Central Heating Supplies | Life Insurance Quotes | Be Modern Orlando Electric Fires | Grant Boilers | Honeywell Heating Controls | Worcester Bosch Oil Boilers | Oil Boilers

I'm still looking for a resolution to this problem. I'll try a diifferent approach:

I want to see Adwords campaign/keyword data in my linked analytics account.

Can I use the Adwords Auto-Tagging setting or do I need to manually set up url appendages?

Update:
    I've carried out a few tests today.
    I clicked on one of my ads and when I reached the page on my site the url had the auto-tracking string appended.

As soon as I either put he item into the shopping cart OR clicked to another page, the appended string is removed.

This is probably why there's no Adwords campaign data reaching analytics.

Is there any way I can get the tracking part to remain (get parsed) through to the receipt page?
    Last edited by Runner; 21-Feb-2012, 02:23 PM. Reason: Additional info added
    Regards,

Keith

Central Heating Supplies | Life Insurance Quotes | Be Modern Orlando Electric Fires | Grant Boilers | Honeywell Heating Controls | Worcester Bosch Oil Boilers | Oil Boilers

Comment

Working...
    X