Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Review our website especially layout

Please could anyone look at:
    www.staircasekits.co.ukand let us have comments. In particular the layout as the main page layout is always over to the left and I cannot get it to fill the window or to be central. I'm using Expert theme and have tried every variation of the settings but to no avail. The site looks very different in different monitor types e.g. widescreen etc. and I would like to get it to look better.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by i4detail; 08-Feb-2012, 05:10 PM. Reason: should be more polite

Add:
    Code:
    margin: auto;
    to the expert-container to centre the main content

Your header will need more than that to work properly tho.
    "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

Thanks Chunkford, I've been trying to solve that for months.

But, can you explain what you mean about the header please?

Comment

Your quicksearch is in a separate div to the rest of the header, and it would need to be placed with in a container div (around the main header div or inside the main header div) so you could set the size of the header to the same size as the body.
        You will then need to tweak the existing css e.g. removing absolute positioning and float certain divs etc within this container div so they are placed in the correct positions, using paddings and margins to tweak if needed.
        You would also need to sort out the background images (the red top bar, and gradient violet bottom bar) so it would stretch across the page instead of stopping at the width of the header div.

Hope that makes sense
        "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I'll have to put my thinking head on to work through that!

Comment

Working...
          X