Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site Review?

Hi,

We've had this site up and running now since about April, I've tried to keep everything simple and straight forward but this doesn't seem to have helped SEO. Using Adwords we've had a number of orders but in terms of organic search there's pretty much nothing I can type in to find the site.

When looking at the source code in a browser it looks very messy but when I view it in Actinic it all looks very simple and organised

The keywords I've tried to focus on are 'work gloves' and 'hand protection'

I welcome any suggestions as to how to improve the site for better SEO results.

Google's only indexing 10 of your pages and 3 of those are cgi-bin pages.

1. You need more incoming links from other sites:

- add a signature to your forum posts
    - Join some work related forums and take part in relevant discussions.
    - search google for link ideas. There are lots of ways to get links. Just don't spam.

2. Create a couple of content pages on 'Work gloves' and 'hand protection'. Get links to these using the keywords as the anchor text.

3. Do all the other stuff to get more presence on the internet. Social media, content sharing, articles, etc.

Mike

PS. I'd rethink the keywords you're going for. Those are more generic, 'browsing' keywords and are they the thing people really search for before purchasing? I'd have thought 'mechanics gloves' or 'welding gloves' (rather than 'welders'), etc might be closer to the mark. You don't have a 'work gloves' section so do they actually exist as a thing people will search for? Do some research on keywords first otherwise you could be wasting your time on optimising for the wrong words.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Many thanks for your suggestions Mark, I'll get working on those

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
        Do some research on keywords first otherwise you could be wasting your time on optimising for the wrong words.
        I cannot agree more with this statement Mike. I'd say that this should be step 1 in any SEO work that is undertaken. Well chosen keywords can yield much higher returns that pushing highly competitive 'generic' terms.

Research "the long tail of search" to back this up.

e.g. 95% of searches made are NOT for generic terms but for more specific terms that reside in the long tail!
        Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
        Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
        SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Working...
        X