Extended info page on Google

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extended info page on Google

Hi, I recently had most of my links pointing at my extended info page and found that these pages were ranking quite highly on Google. The problem was that once found through google there was no link to the main site just the pop up window with the 'back' button. I did.. change them at one stage to include the outer layout and even though that 'worked' it kept giving me errors and the cart totals wouldn't sync. So I abondoned that idea and set up my links to go from product list > Product page > extended info with the hope that google would only index 'one level' down and strat displaying my product pages... however, I have started to notice that some extended info pages (am still adding stock) are still taking priority over the product pages. Not sure how to tackle this one... would of been nice perhaps to get the extended info pages + outer layer right as they rank extremely well, but wasn't the purpose of the single page facility to allow the product pages to be indexed/displayed?. Any advice would be gratefully recieved.

raptor-cctv.co.uk

In your case the extended info pages are the ones with the product content which is why they do better in the search results.

This is good, so why try and break it? Just put a link back into your website somewhere.

This has been covered before so a search of the forum will find you more discussion around this topic.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
    X