Site Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site Review

I'm a novice. I like learning how things work and I like to do things myself if I think I can do a good job and actually have the time! I've recently done some work to my site. I think I've done the majority of the 'basics' for the Google side of things. 1 <H1> tag per page, relevant page titles, unique meta descriptions, keywording section and product pages etc.

I do use an SEO company to build links and create articles for me. I'm pleased with the results, my organic visitors have increased. However, like a lot of people, focusing on the google/technical side of things, has made me loose sight of who the site is actually for and I know I need to work on this. I know I could do with a visual of the font/message when people type in their text to be engraved, more regular updates for my blog- (but I have only just started this) but any other comments or suggestions are welcome.

How regularly does everyone update their blogs/facebook pages?- are they of much use at all? Would spending my time building manual links be better.

Thanks guys
    Engraved Gifts
    www.engravemeagift.co.uk

My advice would be:

1. Drop your seo. Your site has no real external links of any value. Your home page has a pagerank of zero and your lighters page isn't indexed.

2. Add more content to describe your products. Your lighters page has almost no relevant text and doesn't even say which lighters are star and which are zippo.

3. Move to a single product per page layout. So have a section for the zippo lighter with a decent description that tells the customer about the product and use a multi-image layout to show the different colours. No one will buy anything if you don't tell them what it is, what it does, and what's good about it.

4. get some decent links to your site. There are plenty of ideas around and IIRC Sellerdesk's SEO booklet has some good advice on this.

Just learn the basics and apply them. It's not too hard.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your response. That's a fair point about the descriptive content for the engraved lighters page, it needs a lot more adding to it. I do have single product per page when you click on the picture or text but I guess this clearly needs to be made more obvious!

I'll check out the IIRC Sellerdesk's SEO booklet and think about link building myself and have a word with my SEO company!!- page rank 0 and no 'real' links.......not great!

Do you use tools like SEOquake?
      Engraved Gifts
      www.engravemeagift.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X