Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adwords below 1st page bid ?

Hi,
    I am just creating a new adwords campaign and want to use the word "synergy" , in the management thing it says my bid of 10p is too low and to be on the first page I need to bid £1.50, fair enough, however when I put the word "synergy" into google there do not appear to be any ads at all, whats going on.
    Cheers Steve

Whats your scoring?

Comment

Scoring, what do you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Bedspring View Post
        Scoring, what do you mean?
        What is your score out of 10 for that particular keyword?

The more relevant it is the better the score.

The better the score the less you pay for the click.

Comment

Originally posted by Bedspring View Post
          into google there do not appear to be any ads at all, whats going on.
          Cheers Steve
          Have you checked there are no ads at the bottom of the organic search as well? Sometimes you can get no ads at top or right, but you can get at bottom.

If there are no ads showing then simply put in a very low bid and see where it appears! If there is no competition then a very low bid should show, no matter how low?
          Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
          Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
          SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

How to increase score out of 10

You can improve your ranking for less money by improving the score, aiming for at least 7/10. Include synergy in the title of the ad and also in the text of the add, in the keywords for the ad, and in the keywords on your website, and in the content of your website.

Perhaps better than just "synergy" is to have a phrase that includes it, as specific as possible. You can also find out in your Adwords stuff what people are actually typing in the search box, and add the whole phrase to your keywords, putting " before and after so that it is treated as a phrase rather than a group of words. For example "synergy health" or "synergy housing" or "buy synergy online" may get you better scores, higher ranking, for less cost.

Sarah

Comment

The word is far to generic to be meaningful.

You will spend a fortune if you try to use this as a keyword as any-one who is searching for this word might click on your ad and at £1.50 per pop, guess how many will buy from you?

Build a phrase around it and set it as a search phrase or as a specific serach term, this will ensure that the advert will only show if the searcher is looking for your "specific" product

Comment

Thanks for the replies. There are no Ads that I can see using the search term "Synergy"https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=synergy&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GBfficial&client=firefox-a if using "synergy mattress" you get https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sy...ient=firefox-a with ads`s but I think it is the term "mattress" not "synergy" that is triggering the ads.

Comment

The management bid price is an estimated cost of appearing on the first page, not a definite promise.

You can set the bid to what you want, try 10p wait a week and then see which page your advert has appeared on and what the cost of a click through (if any) was.

Comment

I usually try at a low value regardless of what Google says and then see if my ad appears. It often does at a low click value!
                    Stardust Funky Kids T-Shirts

Comment

Working...
                    X