Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site Map

Hi,

I've had SD18 for over a year and I had an e:mail from Google Search Console yesterday to say the "submitted URL has a crawl issue". I've clicked on the Console to "Fix Coverage Issues" and it says that one of the product pages is not on the Site Map.

So I check this yesterday and it has not got the "include in site map box" ticked. I then check and all of the other products have not got it checked. Just the sections have. I've checked it on just four products and checked with Google Search Console again today on the same URL. It now says Crawled successfully but now has 7 warnings which are all missing fields which are optional (ie brand, Sku, URL).

Just wondering, should the Site Map box be checked on all the individual products and should I be filling in these missing fields too. Or is it best to leave them unchecked?

Also it says on Console under Detected items, it says this URL is an "unnamed item" should this be named somewhere, maybe page title as this is also left blank?

Sorry that these are basic questions. I've searched the forum and can't see anything else relating to this query.

Thanks in advance
    Joanna

www.essentialoilsonline.co.uk

Hi any thoughts on this at all? I've been with Actinic/Sellerdeck for years and last year paid for the upgrade and website redesign to be done. I haven't looked too much at the extra parts beyond running the main website since then and thought it was all done.

Just wondering could the "include in site map" have been left unchecked for a reason?

Thanks in advance
    Jo

Comment

Hi Jo,

I don’t use the xml site map so can’t really help on that but I do always tick the ‘include in site map’ box. I think this is used for both the xml site map and the site map page that sits on your website.

The only reason I can think of not to tick it would be if you were trying to hide that page from the search engines.

In terms of the other information, all I can really say it’s that it’s probably best to give Google as much information as they ask for. Whether there’s a real benefit or not in terms of SEO I couldn’t say.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi Mike, thanks for the reply. That's what I was thinking, just wanted to double check there wasn't an obvious reason it was left unticked.

All best
        Jo

Comment

Working...
        X