Effect of changing to SPP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Effect of changing to SPP

We had our products in their own subsections making their own single product pages. We recently decide to convert everything using Sellerdeck SPP convertor.

Unfortunately we didn't realise that this changed the name of each page meaning that we have lost all our ranking positions of our products.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so what was your solution?

Probably horse bolted and too late now, but if very recent, you should look to either rename the new pages to what the old ones were or look up on google on how to do do 301 redirects and get these done immediately. You've pretty much done the worst you can for a site bar changing domain name, so be patient, might take some time to recover.

Comment

Now that's a bummer. So the Sellerdeck SPP convertor was not great for SEO after all. Reading up on it I didn't really see anywhere that warned against it.

Comment

Thanks for that Lee. I am going to do a 301 redirect for all the pages that I can find on Google. I did a site search and found around 6000 but will only do the highest ranking ones for starters.

Comment

Working...
        X