X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I delete my LINKS page?

Google has recently altered its advice about Links. See:
    https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/66356

Do you think we all should delete links from Web Directories and stop inviting inbound links altogether?

Should I delete my LINKS page?
    That's a judgement call you have to make. Is it there as a useful source of relevant sites your visitors might want to explore? Have you gone overboard on this and do you link to sites that you wouldn't do because of the value they add but did because they linked back?

Google give you quite a bit of leeway on this. I just depends on how happy you are with what you've been doing and your own approach to the risk you're taking.

Excessive link exchanges ("Link to me and I'll link to you") or partner pages exclusively for the sake of cross-linking
    Do you think we all should delete links from Web Directories and stop inviting inbound links altogether?
    No. As a blanket approach that would be too simplistic and unnecessary.

Relevant inbound Links - Good

The important thing is to make sure you have a good balance of incoming links from various sources. Social signals help too.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I would suggest running the site through SEO Moz and review the importance being attributed to your inbound links. I would guess that the majority carry no weight at all and if they are being reciprocated you are probably obviously displaying a "link exchange" approach to Google which isn't good.

I'd be cautious of removing links in bulk but once you have done the above it may change your mind about how much energy to invest in this link building approach.

As Mike has quite rightly pointed out, link building is all about quality so see what quality SEO Moz attributes to your links and take it from there.
      Webfaced - Award-Winning SellerDeck Web Design Agency

Comment

Working...
      X