Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h1 and h2

Hi all,

Does anyone have an opinion on where my h1 and h2 tags are please? I've spoken to a couple of people this week and they have both suggested that they may not be located correctly and that they have too much info in them, and should be more single minded based on keywords.

In addition, I've been told the site is very image based and I could do with getting some more descriptive text in to every section. Where is the best place to put this please?

www.musictoyourears.co.uk

Thanks

Joel

Your H1 tag is around your top left Music to your Ears graphic.
    You could add fragments to your parent section pages for additional text content.

Comment

H1 tags are OK.

H2 tags are just around garbage.

Text: Put it where you think it makes sense for the visitor. If it's worth adding some text then you need to put it where the visitor can see it. Probably under your section image would be sensible.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks Duncan.

I have a Section Details and a Fragment Details for each section. Shall I write a piece and add it to the 'Description' box of either or both of these? I don't actually want this to show to the general public as I don't think the customer needs it, but would that help SEO if I was to have some there albeit hidden?

On the h1, it has been suggested to me that it should link to wording rather than a picture for each of my products and should simply be 'Skullcandy Method' or 'Beyerdynamic DTX101iE' rather than having other wording too.

Thanks

Comment

Ideally the H1 tag would be visible. You have it hidden using CSS. Google guidelines on hidden text says violations include "Using CSS to position text off-screen" and "Locating text behind an image".
          Peblaco

Comment

Thanks Louise.

Comment

Working...
            X