Exclude from shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exclude from shipping

I see from the help file that the "Exclude From Shipping Band Calculation" check box in 8.5.1 does not work if your shipping is Value based.

Is this likely to be be changed in the near future, or is there a workaround?

Thanks,
    Antony

Hi Antony,

This has been mentioned before and it's too complex for a perl work around.

I'll add your tally to the wish list so hopefully we can introduce this in the future.
    Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

I have a similar problem in that I am setting up my first online shop using 8.5.1

My site is set up to charge Shipping and Handling by Value as we charge 10% on price of books. Some of our publications however are only available as PDF which need to be free, shipping, to download as digital downloads.

My only alternative appears to be to use “Classes”, this way I can set free shipping for digital downloads unfortunately this means that the customer is given a choice of Class of Service for Shipping of either Digital download (£0.00) or Postage and packing (£1.00 (i.e. 10% of value for item costing £10)) this causes me a problem as I do not wish to give shoppers this choice.
      Enabling “Exclude From Shipping Band Calculation" for Shipping and Handling set by Value would I believe solve this problem.

Has anyone found a way around this as this method will cause confusion once I make my site live???

Comment

There is already a tick box that allows digital download products to be excluded from shipping. Why not use it?
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

You could always just go to the ordering tab of business setting and use the checkbox to exclude DD files from shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
            You could always just go to the ordering tab of business setting and use the checkbox to exclude DD files from shipping.
            Unfortunately even with this checkbox ticked I still have a choice

Shipping and Handling

Please select how you would like your purchase to be shipped to you. Class of Service: If its a digital download or a book

So as a customer I could be buying a book which is not available as a digital download and be given the choice which means we could have some disappointed customers!!!

Comment

I don't understand why you have a choice, you say that you only have one possible method, that's not a choice, that's mandatory, What choices do you get on your site when you only offer one possibility?

Comment

Working...
              X