Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free delivery with upgrade?

Can anyone help this newbie...

We want to offer certain products with free delivery yet give the customer the option to upgrade to special delivery and special delivery before 9.30am at an additional cost.

At the moment we offer shipping by weight but when I exclude the products (that I want to offer free) from the 'Exclude From Shipping band calculation' it makes special delivery and special delivery before 9.30am £0.00

Anyone kind enough to help me on this please

If you're doing shipping by weight then the easiest way to do this to set the 'free delivery' items to zero weight and set up the shipping tables so that zero weight items are:

- Free for standard shipping
    - £plus for Special Delivery
    - £PlusPlus for before 9.30

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thanks for the advice....I have just tried it but it only allows one weight for special delivery (no matter how heavy the object may be)....however it's a good compromise - thanks for your help, much appreciated

Comment

Hi David,

You can do it with other weights as well by shifting all the free items up to a higher weight band. So free band 1 items would be 100Kg+, free band 2 items 1,000kg+, free band 3 items 10,000kg+ etc. This way you can define different SD and pre-9.30 charges.

A bit more work but still do-able.

I can see your point about the 'exclude from shipping table' option. It would be nice, and seems fairly logical, that if you have excluded it from the normal shipping tables calculation that you could define what it should be instead.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi Mike

That's another good idea....but as you say time consuming (as most things are!) the zero weight is in operation at the moment and we shall just have to see long term to see if it works in our favour

Comment

Working...
          X