How to set Free shipping for using coupon code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to set Free shipping for using coupon code

We supply a college and they want all their students to buy our books directly from us, but ship them all in 1 go to the college to save money on individual shipping costs. They will set a cut off date for their students to order by.

So my problem is:
    I want to offer free P&P to that group of students using a certain coupon code for a limited time.

Is this possible? or are their any easier solutions?

If you are using a fixed shipping cost then you could setup a discount code that discounts by that amount BUT if you have a variable shipping cost eg calculated by weight then that would not work.

Comment

We have variable shipping costs based on qty bought e.g. 1st item £5 then £3per item therafter.

So I need it to totally disregard the shipping costs for this group of customers / customers using this disc code.

Comment

I think you are asking for a minor miracle with actinic, coupon codes can't look at dynamic shipping costs and discount accordingly. Convert your shipping to either %based or tiers on total value, you can then use coupon codes to discount. Alternatively, run a promotion as there is probably other students needing items at this time.

Comment

OK I figured it out and may be of use to others.

I just basically added another delivery class in the UK zone with the name of the college in question.
          Then in the description box said that this option is only to be used by that college as goods will only be delivered there.
          Then made the shipping charge zero for this class.

Comment

It's a shame you can't apply free shipping to an account or customer group.

Comment

I just basically added another delivery class in the UK zone with the name of the college in question
              Yes that will work BUT it will be available to everyone to use.

Comment

Working...
              X