Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Force Special Delivery

Hello, I wonder if anyone can help me.

All my shipping is based on weight which works fine.

I have a few high value products that I want to force customers to use special delivery as they dont weigh much and they might (actually they DO )
    choose ordinary 1st class.

I've searched the forums and came up with this from Bill...
    If your shipping charges are calculated by weight, special item(s) have an artificially high 'weight', all other shipping methods have their highest band maximum weight below the 'weight' set for the special item(s), 'do not allow excess' is set for those other methods, and the recorded delivery 'weight' starts from the special high weight....
    UNQUOTE
    I've set up a VERY special delivery with the first entry as 100.010 Kilos at £4.30, followed by 100.500 Kilos at 4.75
    Then set the weight of my expensive item artificially high say 100.45 kilos
    That works lovely... except.....

I have customers now buying ordinary 2 kilo items and selecting very special delivery at £4.30 as they are under 100.010 kilos !, rather than 1st class at £6.50

i cant see anywhere on a class where to set a "weight from" value
    you can only enter an "up to weight in kg".

Hope that all makes sense...

thankyou
    Wend

The from and the up to values are all done in the same table. Each entry you put in the table is effectively putting an up to and from value in. It reads as up to this amount from the previous amount etc.

Why not add some lower tiers of weight in the class according to how you deal with the other products and cater for people who want to use this service?

Comment

You could put in an entry for 100.00 kg at a higher price.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot
        You could put in an entry for 100.00 kg at a higher price.

Mike
        Ha !
        you beat me to it.
        I was just about to say, the only way round it is to have the first entry as 100kilos at say £20.
        I know its a workaround, doesnt look as tidy but it will do nicely.

Thanks boys.

Wend

Comment

Wendy there is a wish for excluding products from certain shipping types, i need this functionality aswell, perhaps you can add your vote to it, trying to find it now.

Cant remember the title of the thread

D

Comment

It was my WISH!

Hi the other thread mentioned was a BIG wish by me... (the wish being that I didn't have to spend hundreds of hours forcing workarounds to do what should be part of the program by now...)

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=36030

Keep nagging :-)

Comment

I was referring to the wishlist section, it has been there for a long time now, not sure of the exact thread these days, but it has been on there for well over a year, possibly two

I also know not to expect this feature for a while yet

Comment

Working...
              X