None of the above - Country Choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

None of the above - Country Choice

I have limited my Country options to UK & EU countries and None of the above/International.

Is there a way of setting up None of the above as a shipping zone so that different charges can be applied based on weight?

I tried disabling the default shipping charge and created a new location "None of the above" which works fine, however the customers cannot rename the country.

It sounds as if you are wanting to display 'none of the above', then have the customer type in the country they are from and then have Actinic calculate the shipping based on their entry, this isn't going to work.

If you want Actinic to calculate shipping based on weight and country you have to have the countries you wish to ship to defined in Actinic along with the shipping charges and the customer has to then select the appropriate one in checkout.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Basically what I would like to achieve is to have the UK & European customers choose their countries. Then other International customers can choose None of the above and enter their own country. I would like to include an International weight based shipping charge to the 'None of the above' (International) customers.

Comment

Create your 'None of the Above' zone in the Tax setup page and add to it all of the countries that are not already in the UK or European zone, then select that zone in the shipping setup tab and add the weight based costs table.

Your user will choose his country, and the charges applied will be those you specify for the zone. There is no need for an intermediate selection step.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

However, this will still display a list of countries. What I am trying to achieve is to have a "none of above" listing for International customers. They can then enter their own country by typing in the country name.

Comment

They can then enter their own country by typing in the country name
            As jan says Actinic does not work like this.

Comment

Working...
            X