Override Free Shipping Option, Etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Override Free Shipping Option, Etc

On my site I offer free shipping for orders over £100 however there are some products (product "A" for instance) I need to exclude from this.

Standard shipping is £9.95 however product "A" needs to have a standard charge of £12.95 and be excluded from free shipping.

I have tried to do this by adding a supplement charge of £12.95 but this adds to the standard shipping of £9.95 making a total of £22.90, what I need this to do is overide the standard shipping charge rather than adding to it.

Is there anyway I can do this?

Thanks

Have you selected the 'details' tab on the product in question? You have an option to exclude from shipping band calculation and you can also use categories like in your other problem. Switching to by weight is what you should be doing here though as suggested in your other thread, it is just a more flexible system. You will spend far more time trying to overcome certain scenarios (like now) than it will take to convert.

Comment

Tried to go the weight route but I still have a problem with the shipping supplement option, when a customer orders over the free £100 mark then the supplement is not charged by Actinic.

Not sure if it helps but I've attached a screenshot of my shipping settings.

Comment

Do it with tiers in your shipping table, you shouldn't need to do anything on a product i.e. charging tier - then free tier - then back to charging tier. Allow pretty wide bands and then use your weights cleverly on the products.

Comment

Thanks Lee, now all working.

Comment

Cool nice one Bob, just make sure your bands are large enough, think what's the most products someone will ever buy off me, then double that amount and make sure your shiopping tables cater for that amount of products being bought.

You will not regret the change, that i can assure you of.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
              Have you selected the 'details' tab on the product in question? You have an option to exclude from shipping band calculation and you can also use categories like in your other problem. Switching to by weight is what you should be doing here though as suggested in your other thread, it is just a more flexible system. You will spend far more time trying to overcome certain scenarios (like now) than it will take to convert.
              Sorry to jump on the thread, but I would like to list my shipping cost so that viewing/ buying customers can see how much shipping is going to cost them. How can this be done with shipping by weight?

Comment

Hi Paul,

There are several options here, you can have the shipping prices displayed in a table on the side bar, or as a fragment that can be linked to. You could also take a look at the Advanced Users Guide and see the workaround for 'Countdown to free shipping' you could play with that to get the shipping costs displayed.

Kind regards,
                Bruce King
                SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                X