Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping by quantity for some products, but by category for others

Hi folks

I'm a bit stuck with this issue. We sell products mainly on a fixed rate of carriage, one rate for hardware (such as printers) for which the carriage charge is applied separately for each item and another lower rate for consumables (such as ink cartridges for the printers) which is applied only once per order. This keeps things fairly simple.

However, we have one line of printer cartridges where we need to offer a fixed rate of £7.50 for orders of 25 cartridges or less and then add £3 on to the delivery charge for every additional 25 cartridges ordered.

I have found the section in the shipping settings for setting up this kind of pricing structure, however there doesn't seem to be any where in the product settings to select the shipping method once I have configured it.

How do I do this?

Thanks

Graham
    Using SellerDeck 2013 Business Plus

KTEC Group http://www.ktecgroup.co.uk

Label Printer & Barcode Systems

Hi Graham,

I understand you want to know where in a product setup to select the shipping method for that product.

The shipping methods selected in the business settings | Shipping and handling apply to all products in the catalog unless the tick box "Exclude from shipping band calculation" is ticked under a products details tab. (Available in Actinic v8.5 onwards)

Looking at your shipping requirements I would make use the following setup:

For the products with a fixed rate of carriage you could tick the tick box "Exclude from shipping band calculation" under these products "Details" tabs. And then under "Shipping Supplement" you can enter the fixed rate of carriage.

For the products with a fixed rate of £7.50 for orders of 25 cartridges or less and then add £3 on to the delivery charge for every additional 25 cartridges ordered, you can easily setup this up in business settings | Shipping and handling | Zone class tables.

Use the "Quantity" Basis and the following setup for the table:

Up to Quantity: 25 Cost: £7.50

Excess: Highest Value Plus "£3" per "25"

I hope you find this useful

Paul
    Paul Murphy
    Operations Manager - SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X