Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

items weightnot getting added together, charged individually

Hi

i am testing my shipping and have a problem. My items weight are not getting added together, instead each is getting its own price, so a 1kg item which would fall into 1-10 kgs at £10 shipping as an example, should when added twice should equal 2kg and still fall into the 1-10kg shipping table but instead it is charging £10 for each.

My shipping table is pretty standard, say:
    0-10kg £10
    10-20 kg £20
    20-30kg £30
    as an example.

site is weight by kg, nothing fancy ,but each item is getting its price and wieght added and calculated from table.

any ideas?

paul

do you have the "ship separately" box checked in the "details" tab?
    I presume this would charge the shipping independently rather than as a sum of weights (although I'm not 100% sure, not sure if I've ever used it yet!)
    Tracey

Comment

Hi

not i do not have ship seperaltly for the products. It all works correctly except they are charged seperalty, so hopefully when i get this sorted, probaly or hopefully a tick or selection in the wrong place it will all be fine, but its got me stumped, there sint any reason why ALL my products are i suppose as you say getting shipepd seperatly.

Any other thoughts

paul

Comment

well, if your shipping table is set up as you say, then the problem must be with the weights.
        Is it happening with ALL your products?
        Do they have all their weights entered manually or do you have a default weight set in Business Settings > Shipping & Handling > Configuration ?

Just throwing out ideas (I do that a lot LOL)
        Maybe someone like Lee (resident shipping expert , if and when he comes along) might know a common "incorrect set up" that could be causing it
        Tracey

Comment

Have you put something into the optimal weight field? This can cause shipping to be multipied.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I wouldn't expect to find the answer outside of 'ship separately' or the 'optimal weight' solutions already offered.

Comment

I have to admit I hadn't looked at that "optimal weight" setting before. I can see how it could be misinterpretted (if you don't read up on it first in the Help files) and incorrectly used, causing this problem!
              Tracey

Comment

I filled it in by accident when I first set up integrated labels, took me ages to work out how I'd managed to break everything. An unforgettable mistake for me though.

Regards,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Multichannel order processing
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

hi guys

well i have been battling with it all day and everything was correct, where it should of been and fairly basic set up but it didnt work , but after the odd purge and refresh it seems to be running fine now, so it just needed a bit of a clean of code and all OK, cheers for advice and thoughts

paul

Comment

hi

thought i would write this as my last answer was wrong, i thougth i was working after a bit of a purge but it turned out the problem kept persisting and in the end i had actinic dev team looknig at it for days and it was a problem with code in shipping template, so if you have a similar problem hit the support team it is a software problem not yours

paul

Comment

Working...
                    X