Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xmas Shipping Dates

Hi,

just trying to come up with a "sexy" way of letting customer know that certain postal classes will not get there before Xmas.
    e.g. from 14th Dec Royal Mail Standard Parcel will not arrive before Xmas - they need to choose a better class of shipping.

I know I could add comments in the shipping properties but I find most people don't read those comments. I was thinking of a Pop Up saying "Please be aware this class of shipping will not arrive before Xmas " or something.

I've looked at the design of Checkout 1 and it seems to me that some trigger based around "SHIPPINGSELECT" variable that creates a small pop up might be a good way to go. But I'm no HTML programer so wondered if anyone had any ideas. Or maybe someone out there has already done this.

Any advice greatly appriceated.

I also want to use this solution for when I'm on holiday so that orders can still be taken but the customer is aware that it wont be processed until I get back.

Cheers

Matt
    Matthew Wildeman
    www.bigmatts.com
    2XL to 8XL Menswear

KISS - remove the options that won't get there in time for Christmas.

Comment

We have just added the following text in the class of service field next to the drop down shipping choices, with the text being red and bold
      Since adding the first message we have seen a fair few people select the choices over the standard delivery.

Class of Service: **To ensure pre christmas delivery may we suggest selecting either the 1st class or 48hr delivery option. We will of course still process and ship all orders but cannot give any guarantee.**

And as of thursday night this will change to

Class of Service: **As from Friday 15th December only those orders selecting the 48hr option will be guaranteed for arrival before Christmas, we will of course still process and ship all orders but cannot give any guarantee.**
      www.parklifeclothes.co.uk

Parklife, Whitby

Diesel, Converse, Crocs, Quiksilver, Miss Sixty, Scotch & Soda, Bench, Levi's, Kickers

Comment

Got my crocs today Darron

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
          Got my crocs today Darron
          LOL joining the big guys eh Mal?

my sheepskin ones are lovely

Comment

sheepskin crocs?
            something about that just sounds all wrong!
            Tracey

Comment

lovely and toastie

Comment

LOL joining the big guys eh Mal?
                The whole family has them

Comment

Never seen sheepskin ones - post a piccie...

Comment

here you are....

i took a photo with my feet in the crocs but that was kind of nastly looking so here's my pair of footless crocs
                    Attached Files

Comment

best prices for crocs is http://www.parklifeclothes.co.uk/

Comment

Now they look good!
                        Darron's got no stock of my size in woolie ones. I'll look again after xmas.

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
                          best prices for crocs is http://www.parklifeclothes.co.uk/
                          Have they got a sale on?

Comment

Anybody wanting Mammoth Crocs (the furry ones) we don't list, get in touch as we may have some more due in. Selling like hot cakes, even shipping them back to the states (and then getting yanks whinging about the exchange rate!!!).
                            www.parklifeclothes.co.uk

Parklife, Whitby

Diesel, Converse, Crocs, Quiksilver, Miss Sixty, Scotch & Soda, Bench, Levi's, Kickers

Comment

I just bought some, i gotta see what these are all about.

Comment

Working...
                              X