Can I set shipping by dates.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I set shipping by dates.

I run a comic website which has pre-orders were you can order 2 months in advance, the problem is I'd like to charge the cost of posting by the release date of each comic.

At the moment I have to charge each comic that's pre-ordered separately to cover the cost of posting the item when it's released. The only draw back is if several comics with the same release date get bought it charges them all separately.

Normal orders get charge by weight, which is no problem. I did try pre-orders that way but ran into problems when somebody wanted a special delivery,with the cost of the comic and packaging on top I end paying more money than I received.

Any ideas to get around the problem?
    Legion
    www.legionofcomics.co.uk

Hi Daniel,

You can only calculate shipping based on Quantity, Value, Category or Weight/Volume. I will pass this onto the Development team and post back. I would expect this to be a Wish-List request.

Does anyone on the forum here have an idea as to how this can be achieved ?

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Bruce

Thanks for the reply.

Have a happy new year.
      Daniel.
      Legion
      www.legionofcomics.co.uk

Comment

Hi

I have exactly the same problem. To try and get around this I have entered shipping costs by date (with the date being a class) in version 8. This means I would need to update it every day by hand, deleting the old date which has passed and entering the new date in the future. Not a great solution.

We are an online florists so the date of delivery (Birthdays, Aniversaries etc) is critical.

The other problem I have is the drop down box where you choose the delivery date at check-out seems to be sorted into a random order and not displayed as entered into the delivery options within Actinic. It looks really messy, so if anyone can be of help it would be realy appreciated. I would like them displayed in the way I have entered them in Actinic.

Comment

Hi,

The order that the shipping classes are displayed can be set in the shipping perl script. The choices are alphabetical (ascending or decending) or by cost (ascending or descending). To change it:

- browse to your 'site' folder in Windows Explorer
          - go into the 'ShipControl' folder
          - open 'ShippingTemplate.pl' file in a text editor such as notepad
          - search for 'customise'
          - you should see:

Code:
          	# Store the hashes in ascending order of total cost
          	#
          	@arrShippingHashes = sort{$$a{Cost} <=> $$b{Cost}} @arrShippingHashes;
          	#
          	# Store the hashes in descending order of total cost
          	#
          #	@arrShippingHashes = sort{$$b{Cost} <=> $$a{Cost}} @arrShippingHashes;
          	#
          	# Store the hashes in ascending alphabetical order
          	#
          #	@arrShippingHashes = sort{$$a{ShippingLabel} cmp $$b{ShippingLabel}} @arrShippingHashes;
          	#
          	# Store the hashes in descending alphabetical order
          	#
          #	@arrShippingHashes = sort{$$b{ShippingLabel} cmp $$a{ShippingLabel}} @arrShippingHashes;
          The lines starting with '@arrShippingHashes' are the ones that determine the sort order. If you want to change from the default then put a '#' at the beginning of the line that is being used at the moment and remove the '#' from the line that you want to use. Close and save the file and update your site.

I hope that helps.
          Tracey
          SellerDeck

Comment

It is easy when you know how. Many thanks

Comment

Hi Daniel,

I run a comic website which has pre-orders were you can order 2 months in advance, the problem is I'd like to charge the cost of posting by the release date of each comic.

At the moment I have to charge each comic that's pre-ordered separately to cover the cost of posting the item when it's released. The only draw back is if several comics with the same release date get bought it charges them all separately.

Normal orders get charge by weight, which is no problem. I did try pre-orders that way but ran into problems when somebody wanted a special delivery,with the cost of the comic and packaging on top I end paying more money than I received.

Any ideas to get around the problem?
              Did you sort this? Which version are you running? We do a similar thing with charging by delivery dates, if it is still an issue, let me know.

Thanks Mash
              Mash

Comment

I got around it using the discount option in cart content, if 2 items are released on the same day it kicks in a discount for the posted cost, not the best way.

If you've got a better way, please let me know.

I'm using version 8.
                Legion
                www.legionofcomics.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X