Max Quantity / Shipping Category Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Max Quantity / Shipping Category Problem

I have a client who is currently using the category basis for his shipping. He has 2 categories Default and small items. the default is a fixed charge and the small items is a per item charge, however (the client ) wants to put a maximum quantity of small items into the mix as to not allow the small items charge to get stupidly large.

I know that you can set a maximum quantity on a product, but can you apply a max quantity over a product category / group?

Thanks in advance

Ben
    Ben Adcock
    Caged Fish Web Design

This is a prime example where switching to 'by weight' is by far the best way forward. You can do just this then and set your own tiers. Even more so when you have fixed charges on one part of the catalog.

Convince him to switch to by weight and it will be very easy. I am not aware of a way to set the maximum on a group of products instead of an individual product unless you use discount groups or fudge the excess shipping.

Comment

prime example of a client not choosing business over client before hand if we did have to fudge discounts!! cheers lee, will go and force him onto weight banding.
      Ben Adcock
      Caged Fish Web Design

Comment

Working...
      X