Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping by weight/category/supplier

Hello All,

We have been approached to build a large 'marketplace' site for a client. They currently hold events all over the country where a large number of traders come and sell their high quality, unique items to an invited audience. They now want to take this online...

Since every trader will have a range of products online, the location your items will be shipped from could vary hugely. The buyer will be aware of this though, so if you order 10 items from 10 different traders you will have to pay a suitable amount for the P&P, like the Amazon Marketplace.

The question I have though is can the P&P be discounted if you order multiple items from the same trader and is there a way of differentiating between the different traders? I can see there are 'Shipping Categories' in the product details. Is there a way of the P&P charges being calculated by the weight of items being shipped from one seller, then again for the weight of items being shipped by another?

I have the feeling this could become a problem...!

As always, any help would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks
    Charles

Hi Charles,

I dont think this will be possible with the software at the moment, shipping cannot differentiate between different product groups and charge shipping accordingly. You can however take a look at the 'Shipping by Category' section within the help files, this if used cleverly could get you what you are after by using the categories to diferentiate between suppliers.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X