Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

states list - can you show only the states needed ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

states list - can you show only the states needed ?

Is it possible to have the specific states for a country just showing - ie if you select Canada, it will just show the canadian states ?

I want to set up uk zones (States) and whenever i do they just show in the long list of US/CA states - confusing for the customer, and not very clear.

Any help appreciated.
    Regards

Simon
    www.spcmarketing.co.uk

The search function is your friend.

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...ht=states+list

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I have looked at all of the help information, and searched the forums in detail.

The help files do not give answers to my original problem though.

Comment

It should be working the way you want it to.

In 'Locations' select 'UK' and then click the + on the states/Provinces bit (RHS) to add the Uk Zones you want (Right Click -> Delete Row to remove ones you don't want).

During checkout, actinic should only display the 'states/Zones' associated with the country that's been selected.

Mike

Comment

Mike

Thanks for your help so far.

Thats what I thought would happen - but it doesn't !
          It just appends the extra states/zones to the list of states.

This can be seen at a site we happened to come across (not our site by the way, hope they don't mind the extra publicity)
          http://www.trekdirect.co.uk/

ie - choose Canada as a shipping destination, and it *should* come up with the specific states, but it lists them all (US included)
          This is exactly the issue we are having.

Comment

Because Actinic pages are static HTML pages, this is the only way it CAN work, unless you add your own code to make the drop-downs dynamic.
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

The search function is my friend too:

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=29749

OK. So the only way to do this is to make your own changes as discussed in the linked thread. I was looking at Sam's website this morning which is why I was so surprised that it wasn't working for you.

I'm sure if you ask Sam she'll show you the code she used.

Mike

PS. Flipping server seems to very busy this afternoon. I had to wait half an hour before I could post this reply.

Comment

Simon has contacted me about this and it seems there are a lot of people confused so just to clarify that the code given in the thread mentioned above is given as an example to amend as per your own requirements.

The code in the Delivery Country List given is for the countries US and CA (US and Canada) to show states when required. If you need to do the same for the UK, change the US to the UK. Or even better copy this line
                this.options[this.selectedIndex].value == 'US'
                as many times as you need to replicate it for as many countries as you need.

Heres my code for the US and the UK:

<select id="lstDeliveryCountry" name="LocationDeliveryCountry" onchange="javascript:div = document.getElementById('showhidearea'); if (this.options[this.selectedIndex].value == 'US' || this.options[this.selectedIndex].value == 'UK') div.style.visibility = 'visible'; else div.style.visibility = 'hidden';">
                <option value="">
                <Actinic:Variable Name="SelectCountry" if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22InvoiceLocationIsUsed%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20False"/>
                <Actinic:Variable Name="UseInvoiceLocation" if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22InvoiceLocationIsUsed%22%20%2f%3e"/>

If you were to add say Canada then add CA, then add as many lines as you want ensuring that the country codes match those in your country setups in Actinic. EG:

<select id="lstDeliveryCountry" name="LocationDeliveryCountry" onchange="javascript:div = document.getElementById('showhidearea'); if (this.options[this.selectedIndex].value == 'US' || this.options[this.selectedIndex].value == 'UK' || this.options[this.selectedIndex].value == 'CA') div.style.visibility = 'visible'; else div.style.visibility = 'hidden';">
                <option value="">
                <Actinic:Variable Name="SelectCountry" if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22InvoiceLocationIsUsed%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20False"/>
                <Actinic:Variable Name="UseInvoiceLocation" if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22InvoiceLocationIsUsed%22%20%2f%3e"/>

I hope that this is clearer now.
                Sam
                http://www.originaltouch.co.uk
                http://www.spcb.co.uk

If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you’ll never enjoy the sunshine.

Failure is the tuition you pay for success.

Comment

Working...
                X