Differentiating Zones in the UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Differentiating Zones in the UK

How can I configure Actining shipping to differentiate between parcelforce zones for UK e.g.
    Zone 1 : Mainland UK
    Zone 2: Scottish Highlands + Isles of Scotland
    Zone 3 Northern Ireland, Isles of Man & Isles of Scilly

I tries to create another UK Location for these but won't let me as UK already exists.

I use HSBC for payments so presume that they only recognise 'UK' as a location.

Any suggestions?

I did a detailed post on this back in v7, but basically you need to amend the locations table to include UK1 UK2 UK3 etc as needed, add these locations into your tax and shipping coverage areas and run with it. The PSP picks up the UK from the first two characters, the 1,2,3 gives you the ability to assign each region to a different shipping zone/class.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks, i have already started setting this up, I have sub categories under UK (similar to US states) and given them my own characters e.g Isle of man i IM etc

Would this work as I presume the psp's would pick up UK from main category?

Comment

Can't even find my own post, but the knowledgebase http://knowledge.actinic.com/acatalo...17.html#aKB200 says you are doing fine.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I think there is a bug in v8 if you delete all other countries. It will keep losing the states that you set up. Not sure if it is fixed yet. If not, the UK1,UK2 idea is probably a safer bet. Try it and see. You may find that after a while, states start vanishing randomly.
          Blank DVD
          Cloth Nappies

Comment

Originally posted by Stereo Steve
            I think there is a bug in v8 if you delete all other countries. It will keep losing the states that you set up. Not sure if it is fixed yet. If not, the UK1,UK2 idea is probably a safer bet. Try it and see. You may find that after a while, states start vanishing randomly.
            my way has been working fine sice i put it up. Only thing I noticed was the address field now shows as 'UK, UK' or 'UK,NI' i.e. comes up twice

Comment

Working...
            X