Locking shipping selection (Actinic v9)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Locking shipping selection (Actinic v9)

Right, I've been needing to be able to lock the shipping selection after the checkout so that users cannot continue from "Please select shipping method" and get free shipping.

Believe me I wouldn't even want to do this if I didn't need to, but since it's the request of my boss I need to.

Has anyone got any ideas on how to make this work? any information would be great, even if it's impossible.

Thanks in advance.
    Melvyn Chapman
    Poolshack Admin

http://www.poolshack.co.uk

Hi Melvyn,

I'm not sure that I understand exactly what you require here. If you don't want customers to have a free shipping option then don't give them one. If I've misunderstood then please elaborate.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Melvyn,

You need to take a look at Page 136 on the Advanced Users Guide, Displaying Shipping Options as Radio Buttons, this will force the user to select a shipping method before proceeding.

This change will replace the shipping class drop-down list in the checkout, with a set of radio buttons.
      You will need to edit 'ShippingTemplate.pl', which you will find within your 'ShipControl' folder. Open the file in Notepad or an equivalent text editor.
      Look for this line
      $sSelectHTML = "<SELECT ID='lstClass' NAME='ShippingClass'>\n";
      Change it to
      # $sSelectHTML = "<SELECT ID='lstClass' NAME='ShippingClass'>\n";
      Next, look for this line
      $sSelectHTML .= "</SELECT>\n";
      and replace it with
      # $sSelectHTML .= "</SELECT>\n";
      Next, look for
      'SELECTED ':
      and replace it with
      'checked="checked" ':
      Finally, look for
      $sSelectHTML .= sprintf("<OPTION %s Value='%s'>%s\n",
      and replace it with
      $sSelectHTML .= sprintf("<input type=\"radio\" name=\"ShippingClass\" %s value=\"%s\">%s<br />\n",
      Actinic is not able to provide any detailed support for script changes made. If you find that there is a problem, an original copy of the script can be found within the 'Original' folder in your installation. Copy this into your site folder.
      Kind regards,
      Bruce King, Mole End Software Support
      Integrated label paper for Actinic A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels.
      One Stop Automation Automate Actinic. Mole End Automation works while you play.
      Mole End Product Mash for Actinic A suite of marketing feeds for your Actinic Store

Actinic Upgrade and Design Service

Comment

Right I know my original post may have been a little unclear.
        I have posted a screenshot to assist with this problem.

You will notice that "Please select a Method of Shipping" was there from the original drop down box. But my problem is that as soon as I loaded the page, something was selected without me doing so. I need to make it so that nothing is selected which forces customers to think they have a forced delivery option, and give them their own choice.

If that makes sence at all :S

Thanks
        Melvyn
        Melvyn Chapman
        Poolshack Admin

Comment

Radio buttons have one choice selected, that's how they work.

Comment

I know they do. Ok. lets backtrack and say that they were still a dropdown list. I need to prevent customers from continuing from the "please select method" option. I was going to try and get by without having that there, but Actinic still adds shipping to the final price before a method has even been selected.

That's what i need to stop happening. If it's in radio button form, how do I stop one from being selected, to force the user to select one?

This problem has had me pulling my hair out for over a week >.>

Thanks
            Melvyn
            Melvyn Chapman
            Poolshack Admin

Comment

It only adds the price if you have shopped on the site before as it remembers from where you come and tries to be helpful. If you clear cookies, you will see how a new customer hits your site and doesn't get this. There is a hack in the AUG to make the top listed item always be the cheapest, perhaps this is your halfway house.

Comment

I need to prevent customers from continuing from the "please select method" option.
                Is 'Please select a Method of Shipping' set up as a 'shipping class' in your 'business settings | shipping & handling' tab? If so, then you should remove it so that customers can't choose that option. There is text above asking the customer to select the shipping method anyway.
                Tracey
                SellerDeck

Comment

Hi im trying to make my old site which is v3 below

And make the same options in v9
                  http://www.hoohing.co.uk/cgi-local/os000001.cgi
                  the probelm is that i have the same shipping company
                  but have a main and non mainland price

Comment

Working...
                  X