Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shipping - multi items

Hi
    When a customer buys a 1 item and then goes to check out, there is a Quantity box there, if he changes the amount to 3 , it only calculates shipping charge for 1 item, i would like it to calculate for the 3 or give a small discount on 2 or more items.
    can anyone help please

regards
    Rob

You must have your shipping setup incorrectly. With no information provided whatsoever on your setup, i think having a read of the inbuilt help and almost certainly switching to shipping by weight is what you need to be doing.

Comment

Thanks for your reply Lee
      if I can explain it a little bit better
      I sell vinyl flooring
      5m x 3m = £100 = £30 shipping charge
      So when a customer buys 1 - 5m x 3m piece he has to pay £30 shipping BUT
      if they click on the Quantity box and change it to 3 pieces it should say £90 shipping, but it doesnt, it still says £30, I dont know were to go and make sure that the shipping is calculated right.
      I have it on total Quantity and set up the prices ok for each seperate piece.
      e.g.
      2m x 3m = £40
      3m x 3m = £50 etc.

but somewhere is were i tell actinic to add the extra shipping costs per item or I havent checked a box or something
      I hope you can understand what I mean
      If I change it to total weight and they click on the quantity box and insert 3 it still says £30 shipping instead of £90
      regards
      Rob

Comment

How have you set up your shipping tables? it soulds as if you have afixed price, when you need to be shipping by weight or by quantity

quantity might suit if you want to charge £30 for each item regardless of length

otherwise you need to go for weight, apply a weight to every product and then go to business settings to apply price to weight

Comment

Your calculation basis is total value, yet you want to charge by quantity don't you? You also have excess to take highest in table. Both of those points are working against what you want to do. You have written two posts and in both you say differing calculation basis, so what are we to believe. I think you need to provide some screenshots as i am not sure you understand it yourself. What you want to do should be incredibly easy, so relax it can be sorted out very quickly. Do you understand that quantity is a totally different method to value, value is the price, quantity is how many, you've told us you are using both, that can't be true.

Comment

Hi thanks for that
            yes it is calculation basis is total value
            so what should I do, yes this is confusing now, I thought i had it ok
            can you help me in configuring it
            Regards
            Rob

Comment

If the calculation is total value, show me a picture of what is setup, then i may be able to help you. I cannot understand your explanations on what you have setup, so show me a picture instead, it will be easier I expect. make sure the screenshots show all of the shipping settings.

Comment

What is after the £27.96, i need to see it all. It looks like you have set it up using a very long method. If you do not have entries in that list that cover the total value that anyone could ever order, expect it to fail. Let me guess that the maximum value you have in there is £38.00? If so as soon as your table runs out, it resorts to the excess rules to the right.

Comment

I'm going to stick my nose in here, hopefully nobody will mind???

It seems that 3m is standard width in terms on vinyl, am I right?

1m of said vinyl will weigh x
                  2m = 2x,
                  3m = 3x
                  etc

All you have to do is set the product price to "Price per meter", £20.97. Set minimum order qty to 2.

The assign a weight for a 1m x 3m and set your shipping information respectively.

Then just change the Qty Text to say "How many Meters would you like?" or something similar!

Would that work?

Army Gore-tex
                  Winter Climbing Mitts
                  webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
                  Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

aahhhhh !
                    Ive got it now
                    yes the max is £38
                    so I need to put in higher order values with higher costs
                    is this correct
                    have I got it now ?

Comment

YES ! YES ! YES
                      THANK YOU so very much for your help
                      I thought that actinic would automatically add each item together with there delivery charges
                      the best way to work it out is to charge delivery by the Square metre
                      Thanks again

Regards

Rob

Comment

Working...
                      X