Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autoshipping, handling and limiting to UK

A few questions:

1. How do I limit the available shipping country to just the UK. Only the UK has shipping class and zone tables but all other countries are still appearing in the list at the checkout.

2. Although I've got digital downloads set to autoship, when I download the order they are still classed as not shipped. What else do I have to set?

3. I added a global handling charge of £1 to cover packing, but that also got added to digital shipping, is there a way round this?

4. How can I add a logo to the product page to signify that there is free shipping available. As the product has been excluded from shipping charges, is there an actinic variable I can put in a block if?
    www.homeautomation-direct.com

Energy Monitors and X-10 automation hardware

1. Make sure your tax and shipping bands match and you have specified in shipping that to not allow shipping if band not defined. Locations can also be found in the settings menu.

2. Not a clue.

3. Handling charges are hated by all, if it is global simply add a £1 to the delivery charge, keep it simple. DD can be excluded from shipping costs, but you can't have set a global handling charge that you don't actually want global.

4. Depends on your setup as to what is best, you could have a fragment on the page, you could embed your own image, but the best is probably to have a blockif wrapping round a 'free delivery' image in the product layout and use the product weight to specify when free delivery should happen. All normal items could have a weight and free delivery items did not. You could also setup a new variable for just this, best to read the inbuilt help on how to do that.

Comment

Thanks, I've fixed question 1 and removed 3.

On the product page there is an 'Exclude from shipping calculation' checkbox, do you know the Actinic Variable this relates to so I can use this in the code?

Comment

Just started an upload sorry so cannot check, but you can either read the list of variables in the help file, or in the design tab select to insert variable and scroll through the list that way. However, i suspect that the setting you want to use is either hidden or not available to the product layout, BUT i could be wrong, so do check. If it is not there, then set yourself up a new variable or use the weight variable as mentioned.

Comment

Hi there

With regards to:
          2. Although I've got digital downloads set to autoship, when I download the order they are still classed as not shipped. What else do I have to set?
          Are the digital downloads products also linked to another product via components and attributes? That would be the only reason I could think of that would cause them to not be shipped.

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

No, it's this one here:

http://www.homeautomation-direct.com..._AHX_file.html

They 'ship' in the sense that a download email goes out, but they are not marked as shipped when I download the order.

Comment

Working...
            X